Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Delirium has finally arrived and with some help from Joe and Manny at Big Ring Cyclery we burned the midnight oil and got er' built last night.

I haven't had a chance to give her a go yet but I'll get out this Friday and see how she rides. I don't think that I've been as excited about a toy since I was a kid. The attention to detail and the machine work is amazing. As many other D-T owners have mentioned the cable routing makes sense and is layed out really nicely too.

Couple of notable changes over my friend Joe's one year old D-T included the slightly larger diameter top tube, beautiful laser etched graphics, and more tire clearance when you run the rear chainstays in the shortest setting.

Still have some teething to work through such as a new seatpost to get slightly better angle on the seat - ( I ran out of adjustment on the Raceface seatpost ). Some minor tweaks to the routing and of course clip the steertube once the position is dialed.

Thank you Noel and crew for your patience and making this fine product...I'm gonna have fun on this bike.

D

Here's some shots that I took this afternoon:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does that come with a lift ticket to the moon?

My gawd.dooood.....sick!

I need my meds very soon.....:madman: :madman:

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Good Gawd Man, what have you created !~!

Very noooice Dirty D :thumbsup:

.... you'll need meds to pull yourself away from the Knolly.... maximum addiction

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Absolutely beautiful.

Mine is so close it almost hurts to look at another. Hopefully will make to Texas late next week with some luck.

Also some of the best pics I have seen of the DT. (Bought mine with out ever seeing one and in your pics I can see some details that I never knew were there...pretty cool)

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,163 Posts
Schwwwwiiiiiinggg!
Nice looking bike 'n build.

:band:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's an excellent build.

garryjslater said:
...been waiting 3 mouths now...
Me too. Ordered mine on the 16th of November, although RHUK told me this morning that it's arrived, and they expect its forks* tomorrow, so I should get it on Monday.

*Lyrik U-Turns.

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the nice words everyone. I am stoked at how the bike came together. Now I'm just tallying up what rides I wanna take this bike on this year - Santa Barbara in March is sounding really good!

As far as the weight is concerned, I haven't thrown her on the scale and I don't think I will cause I'm sure the weight will register in the "HURT" category...

If anybody has any questions regarding the parts/build I'll be happy to try and answer them.

D

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Some of the Details:

Frame size: Medium
Fork: Marz 66RC3 (coil) 1-1/8" steertube
Rear Shock: Marz Roco WC
Wheel (F): Mavic 823/Marz 20mm hub (used from previous bike)
Wheel (R): Mavic 823/Hope Pro II - 12MM T/A (used from previous bike)
Tires: Maxxis 2.5 Minion UST in the front / 2.5 Highroller UST out back
Carnks: Shimano XT's (used from previous bike - beat to hell from rocks but they still work great)
Pedals: Azonic Pookeys / Time Z's
Rear Der: Sram X-9
Front Der: Shimano XT
Chain guide: E-13 DRS
Seatpost: Raceface Deus XC (gotta change out)
Saddle: Scott (laying around the shop)
Handlebars: Sunline V2 OS 1" rise / 28"
Grips: Sunline logo grips
Shifters: Sram X-7
Brakes: Hope Mono M4's 8" front / 7" out back (used from previous bike)
Headset: CK 1.5

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Looks great Dirty D. It think you'll be very pleased at how much abuse a 6.3" "all mountain" knolly can take when you ride this bike.

My wife is pining for a new big bike this year and has dropped some not-so-subtle comments about a DT being that rig. It doesn't help that one of her (and Noel's) good friends rides a V-tach that she drools over that when they ride together. :madman: I would envision her setup being pretty similar to yours.

Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
EB

1 - 20 of 89 Posts