Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's why all this was under the tree....

and

following pic has been posted elsewhere...

and, to top it all off, I recieved the most perfect project bike as a gift 3 days before xmas.
<begin story> the following bike used to belong :) to a really good friend on mine who retired it after she bought a FS recently.This is also one of my bike "mentors" she spent hours letting me follow her down the trail... I've borrowed and ridden this before, fits me like a glove and lets face it, a ti frame makes you feel like you are dancing on the trail. Anyway I wondered what she was going to do with it and I heard rumors that she wasn't having any luck trying to sell it. I casually mentioned in an email several months ago that if she ever didn't want it, I thought it might make a good ss project bike....That was the end of it until I went see her at her office ( she's one of my docs) a few days ago. She says, "hey, do you still want that bike, I put it in the closet for you, figured if you came by that's what was meant to be..." Can you say titanium bling bling singlespeed in my future. Of course when it comes to actually building it I don't know much YET but that's what friends are for... The only downside to all this is that I had to agree to finish all the painting etc that is my job, in our kitchen and DR before I can start a new project...

·
lover of trees
85 Posts
Very nice!~

Happy you're stoked on your present. What did your gf get for a fs?

I got myself a Ventana Panera for the holidays. My first full susser! If you like I'll post pics. I love giving presents just as much as getting!

What are your plans with that frame? Once my old bike got stolen I found a muddy fox steel frame that is currently my rigid ghetto ss. I love both bikes and I think the full susser weighs less w/o the studded tires :p

Never ridden ti though. Always wanted to try it though. What's the ppo mean on the frame?

Cheers,
Mike

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
ooooooh as if the workstand wasn't enough :)

What a great story. Not just bike stuff but a bike. A titanium bike! And a SS project! :cool:

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
xc_xtc said:
Happy you're stoked on your present. What did your gf get for a fs?

I got myself a Ventana Panera for the holidays. My first full susser! If you like I'll post pics. I love giving presents just as much as getting!

What are your plans with that frame? Once my old bike got stolen I found a muddy fox steel frame that is currently my rigid ghetto ss. I love both bikes and I think the full susser weighs less w/o the studded tires :p

Never ridden ti though. Always wanted to try it though. What's the ppo mean on the frame?

Cheers,
Mike
It's supposed to be "Pro". Looks like maybe it's rubbed off. You don't see many of those Ti Mongoose frames anymore.

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
My hubby understands the bike thing too... I have a shiny new Ultimate truing stand to match the work stand I got last year. Now I can build him some new wheels :)

I hope you have fun building up that SS formica... I'm in the process of building up a new (to me) ride as well.

- Jen.

·
Banned
226 Posts
mahgnillig said:
My hubby understands the bike thing too... I have a shiny new Ultimate truing stand to match the work stand I got last year. Now I can build him some new wheels :)

I hope you have fun building up that SS formica... I'm in the process of building up a new (to me) ride as well.

- Jen.
whoa, you know how to build wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.