Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ladies! I'm writing to ask for your help on behalf of a dear friend. Lyndsey is a great person and a fellow mountain biker, and she's needs lots of help to beat Lyme disease. You can check out her campaign here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-rules

Imagine being a competitive athlete, spending most of your free time relishing in the great outdoors by mountain biking, snowboarding, rock climbing, etc... only to have a tick bite change your life completely and forever. Consider the impact of your active life stopping and now barely (or sometimes not) being able to lift yourself off the couch to accomplish even basic daily tasks. This is what happened to Lyndsey, and she's spent years battling the debilitating effects of late stage lyme disease caused by one nasty little tick.

Please watch Lyndsey's video and get to know this amazing shredder. It's been a privilege to watch her grow in every aspect of her life and regain strength as she bravely continues her journey to heal and regain her full capacity to enjoy the world around her. She has embarked on this journey with fortitude and a strong constitution. Her commitment to grow in every aspect of her life is an inspiration to those of us that know her. I am regularly humbled by her strength and growth and her willingness to try, even if she doesn't think she can do it. Even when she feels like crap, she always chooses to grow... and grow she does.

Please consider contributing to the journey of Lymeout Lyndsey... she is the type of person who will definitely to pay it forward. And, if you give $25, she has to give some random person a free hug, so you're spreading love in many ways. But even just $1 will help. Thanks for considering, and please share this with your own local riding communities! :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-rules

·
Registered
689 Posts
That is awesome she is coming back. My aunt has had it for decades with no regained progress(though not athletic). A victory or at least progress is great to hear :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A little PSA: Lyme disease can be prevented! If you think you got bit by a tick in a suspect area, seek a a medical provider. A single 200mg dose of doxycycline can prevent lyme disease if taken within 72 hours of the bite.

Doxy is expensive now (about $60 for x30 200mg doses), but it is worth it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Renovatio! Really important to know, because believe me, you don't want to go through what Lyndsey is going through! $60 is much less than the $100k+ in medical bills you'll find yourself saddled with if you end up contracting Late Stage Lyme. Get thee to a doctor if you get bit by a tick!

·
The Other F Word
578 Posts
Best of luck to your friend. One of my bike crew had this & was sick for about a year before he found a doctor who made the connection. The crap people who have to go through to acquire care is a rant I'll save for another time.

gabrielle

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gabrielle. And yes, I know what you mean. I could go on and on about health insurance as well- it's just crazy that it's not covered. But anyway, thanks for the support! Lynds needs all the vibes she can get! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts