Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying to bar heights, bar widths and bar ends for a few months trying to get in the groove of what I love/want.

I have found it.

Simulataneously, I had to ship back my WB 1.0 for it's scheduled maintence and swapped on the Reba I'd been saving for a future SS build.

I really really really LOVE the Reba. So buttery and tender, but stiff when the pop is locked. The rake is increased: this is beautiful.

So, this set-up is finally the one I'm staying with.
It's set up as an long-distance/training bike.

I prefer these chopped down Titec bar ends over the cane creeks in this application. I sawed off 1" of each end, leaving the perfect length behind.

XXL Leviathan
4" Reba
Salsa ProMotos @ 5 degrees
180mm RF Atlas
DT TK/240s
blah blah blah

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Lookin' great in this formation. Glad to hear such accolades for the Reba. I guess I know what to do if I ever feel the need for some front squish on my Waltworks. ;)

Bike looks ready to go all day (and all night). I would love to have one for endurance/12/24 hour racing. Maybe in the future.

:D GG

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Padre said:
So, this set-up is finally the one I'm staying with.
It's set up as an long-distance/training bike.
Nice setup Padre. I was looking real hard at the Leviathan, but ended up going with a Curtlo, I wanted just a bit more travel. The Leviathan is a very sweet bike. The Behemoth might be my second bike.

Monte

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.