Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a harder trail today and it was great. I'm even more addicted to this sport now.
I even attempted a steep downhill after getting my brake calipers to grip better. I almost diched at the last second, but kept it loose and spun it up the other side. Also I am losing weight......:thumbsup:
Anyways, here's some pics of my Response on the hardest trail yet(well for me anyways)

·
YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
240 Posts
WOW that looks like an awesome spot what state? btw what bike is that?

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Upstate New York along the Black River. The bike is a 2006 Diamondback Response Sport. It's a good bike for my abilities ATM.

·
Granny Gear Guru
399 Posts
Man I have to get out and ride!!! ∆∆∆∆ you rain!

Looks like fun up there.

·
We get titles?
938 Posts
Somebody's got to be the dick so it might as well be me. What's up with all the reflectors?
Sweet ride, nice scenery.

·
YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
240 Posts
the ride is nice though .. dont take the reflectors off be the only one that rocks them!!

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
upNdown said:
Somebody's got to be the dick so it might as well be me. What's up with all the reflectors?
Sweet ride, nice scenery.
I never knew that reflectors were frowned upon by people that enforce wearing helmets on bikes. Reflectors are for safety too, no?

Anyways I'll probably take them off soon for a little bit of weight savings.

·
We get titles?
938 Posts
Eric2.0 said:
I never knew that reflectors were frowned upon by people that enforce wearing helmets on bikes. Reflectors are for safety too, no?
Well played. :)

But no, I don't encounter many car headlights on the singletrack I ride, but maybe folks do it differently there in upstate NY.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I do go out on the road quite a bit, sometimes at dusk. I guess reflectors are useful there since the road is full of cell phone talking and driving morons that will run you over.

I'll take the reflectors off tomorrow morning, because I like to show off a bit making people think I am a veteran MT biker. They probably think "OMG he has reflectors, how cute" lmao.

Can't have that...

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I do go out on the road quite a bit, sometimes at dusk. I guess reflectors are useful there since the road is full of cell phone talking and driving morons that will run you over.

I'll take the reflectors off tomorrow morning, because I like to show off a bit making people think I am a veteran MT biker. They probably think "OMG he has reflectors, how cute" lmao.

Can't have that...

·
We get titles?
938 Posts
Does the 2.0 in your name have anything to do with the fact that you post everything twice?

·
We get titles?
938 Posts
I'm just giving you crap; You shouldn't give a crap what I have to say anyway. Most riders I know have the luxury of riding a road bike on the road, hence the reflector bias.

·
Rabid Lana Fan
9,803 Posts
If you want to get serious about being seen by motorists during low-light conditions, get a good HID headlight and a bright, blinky rear light.

Reflectors require that the car's headlights be shining right at them to be seen. Sometimes, by then it's already too late.

You can get shirts and backpacks with reflective piping on them for that added secutity, and ditch the dept store reflectors on your bike to lose the dork factor.

If it was me, I'de lose the reflectors and add good lights.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yepp I actually have a bell blinker LCD light that I have not put on yet. + one on the reflecting clothes. I've been looking at those at Dick's. They are light, soft with airy holes also reflective in brite green.

Consider the reflectors gone lmao.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts