Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Sinister DNA.

Should be fun but its got a long ways to go. Anyway, there are a lot of things that are not on it that will be when I finally get them:
Hope mono minis with 2 piece rotors
Marzocchi DJ1 white
Halo SAS 26" White wheelset.
Deity stem & bars (white)
Deity Saddle
Maxxis Holy Rollers (I already have these)
Singlespeed conversion soon to come

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
awesome bike Craw, you're gonna love that thing. Out of curiosity, why put a DJ on it? Id keep the Fox and leave the weight as is. Also, have you seen the Deity saddles? Its the only thing they have made that I don't like. Its got a real plasitc feel and look to it and its a fatty too. Then again, I like smaller saddles like my FIT Team that I run on my park bike.

The white is tight man, can't wait to see the finished project in some action shots!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
Its going single speed so I don't need a chainguide. The fox float isn't very stiff, or maybe its just the wheels.
they're stiff. and super light.

you can't get the white dj1 ine the us (but you are moving to switzerland, so....) unless you have mad hookups.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A buddy of mine has one, he got hooked up by another friend of ours, but I'm not about to try to abuse my connections when I can just get the DJ1 in Swizerland. I've had the float for a while on my XC bike, Its a solid fork but it may not be in its best shape ever.

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
A buddy of mine has one, he got hooked up by another friend of ours, but I'm not about to try to abuse my connections when I can just get the DJ1 in Swizerland. I've had the float for a while on my XC bike, Its a solid fork but it may not be in its best shape ever.
I think you are right DJ is a wayyyy better fork for a DJ rig.

I'd break that fox float in like 3 sessions.... but i=hack, so ...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This bike is still far from finished but I have been weighing my options as far as cost and such. I have my Hope Mono Minis with a 180mm front and a 160mm rear floating rotors. I've only installed the rear one and I'm still using my old rotors. Waiting on new wheels (I can't get the old rotors off!!!). I had to wait until I could get a seatpost and ended up with the i-beam setup just so I could ride (great seat)

Anyway...I just got my first ride on it. I rode downtown to pickup some chinese food, and on the way there and the way back I was just sessioning everything within reason (my DJ helmet is missing and it was nighttime). Anyway, I LOVE this bike so much and I don't even have a front brake yet. I've decided that I am willing to put a lot more money into this bike. I may even buy some Mavic EX823 and get then powdercoated white and go tubeless so this bike will be even more flickable. Hope Bulb hubs too. Anyway, there isn't much more the bike needs. But I'm into it enough to make it a pimp ride. Love it. I'll post more pics once it is done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.