Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should revolutionize the fatbike market.

Actually, the picture is a result of the Fat Bike motto "Trails, we don't need no stink'n trails!!". ToastR and I were blazing a trail through the woods and this was the result. I feel the chain skipping around, and I hear ToastR say "Ohh....that's not good". I find my rear derailleur inverted and defying gravity.

I blame ToastR, because "somebody" wasn't prepared to ride at night, which provoked us to take a shortcut through the woods.

FYI, if you need a 9ZERO7 derailleur hanger in short order, don't order from Fatbikes.com....it takes wayyyy to long to get here.

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
Ouch, I had kinda the same on a SC Tallboy LTC. Except when I set the chain length I didn't account for suspension growth when fully compressed and bang first trip out I was pushing.:eek:ut:

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
hey at least its the hanger - I did that on my RIP9 last fall, the derailleur "saved" the hanger, so instead of a $20 hanger it was a $100 derailleur I had to replace.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You trying to start a fight!! :mad::cool:

If my Hope Fatsno thinks it is having a hard with me riding geared, single speed would wreck that hub within miles I can count on two hands.

Take it into your local shop, they will have a chart to mach it up and they can order right through QBP.
I cannot depend on my lbs. I had no idea shipping would take this long, or I would have found different alternatives.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
You trying to start a fight!! :mad::cool:

If my Hope Fatsno thinks it is having a hard with me riding geared, single speed would wreck that hub within miles I can count on two hands...
I have been riding Hope hubs singlespeed for years and never had a problem (and nor have any of my friends also running Hope SS).

I wonder what's different inside the Fatsno? Possibly a different freehub mechanism?

·
bigger than you.
3,070 Posts
FYI, if you need a 9ZERO7 derailleur hanger in short order, don't order from Fatbikes.com....it takes wayyyy to long to get here.
That's odd, when I broke mine a few weeks ago, I snapped a picture and vented my frustration via Twitter. 9:ZERO:7 replied before I'd begun pushing the bike out of the woods and send a new hanger that day. It arrived 2 days later

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been riding Hope hubs singlespeed for years and never had a problem (and nor have any of my friends also running Hope SS).

I wonder what's different inside the Fatsno? Possibly a different freehub mechanism?
If you would refer to my other thread regarding Fatsnomother****ingstupidshit hubs, you would discover that they changed out a few bearings (I am guessing cost saving measures) which are complete ****. I just had the machine shop press in new ones, and I think I am having issues that go a little deeper than bearings, as they are binding a bit on the axle.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's odd, when I broke mine a few weeks ago, I snapped a picture and vented my frustration via Twitter. 9:ZERO:7 replied before I'd begun pushing the bike out of the woods and send a new hanger that day. It arrived 2 days later
You *****ed and complained about a broken derailleur hanger? :nono:That is pretty week dude. Hopefully they send you a stronger one that won't break....but instead will take out your derailleur :p:thumbsup:.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts