Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my new ON-ONE Inbred from my bike-dealer it's such a great bike - I had to ride it for 1,5 hours in rain and snow because it's so great. handling is very quick ... the tires are very good in mud and I really love the sram 8-speed parts ... :D

I LOVE IT - IT'S AMAZING ... and all this on the 24. of december .... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice

That's a nice one, I ordered a On One 29er about 2 weeks ago, it'll arive next week, most of the parts are in already. I ordered a 20", thinking about a 1 x 9 setup.
What's the reason for that to the rear slided rearwheel? Not enough room to mount the front derailer?

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
For Single speed mode

Hubert said:
That's a nice one, I ordered a On One 29er about 2 weeks ago, it'll arive next week, most of the parts are in already. I ordered a 20", thinking about a 1 x 9 setup.
What's the reason for that to the rear slided rearwheel? Not enough room to mount the front derailer?
This frame can be set up as a single speed. The sliding drop outs allow one to tension the chain.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
I think Hubert is aware of that, he's the #3 of the recent Dutch SS Champs and co-founder of Roadkill Bikes :)

I also wonder, why not the shortest possible chainstays, or do you prefer steep seated climbs and extra tire clearance?

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Cloxxki said:
I think Hubert is aware of that, he's the #3 of the recent Dutch SS Champs and co-founder of Roadkill Bikes :)

I also wonder, why not the shortest possible chainstays, or do you prefer steep seated climbs and extra tire clearance?
Ah! Sorry, it wasn't clear to me from Huberts post that he was curious about the wheelbase.

·
Registered
803 Posts
congrats!! i have the exact same inbred, but on 26 inch wheels.......... even with the same rigid fork.

yesterday, borrowed my friend's Retrotec SS to demo in our local trails, but its raining too heavily to ride. monsoon season

Please review as soon as you have enough saddle time on it.

Here in Singapore, 29er frames and parts are very limited.

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DirtDad said:
You have chosen wisely, that is a real beauty. I see your id - will that be your weapon of choice for 24 hour races?
Yes it will be my choice for some 12 and 24 hour races - and I love the IRC Mythos CX tires (42 mm wide) but for the races I'll use Kenda Klaws.

I'm playing with setups that's why I have the dropouts in the very rear possition - I have to look about the clearance and everything with wider tires ... but so for in comparison to my former Fisher 29" it really rocks and it's gorgeous !!! ;)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Hubert said:
Hubert...how tall are you? I am wondering if I would be the 18" or 20" in the 29er Inbred. I am a smidgen over 6'1" with about a 34.5" inseam.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Note is 18" and 21" really. The top tube difference also reflects that.
Keep looking at top tube and stem length. The 21" has plenty of standover by design.anyway.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Note is 18" and 21" really. The top tube difference also reflects that.
Keep looking at top tube and stem length. The 21" has plenty of standover by design.anyway.
Thank you sir.....yeah....that is what I thought. Seems like the effective top tube is virtually midway between that of my Large One 9 which is perfect for me by the way.

Standover of the 18" Inbred is almost spot on to that of the Large One 9 with the 21" Inbred I think almost 3" more (unless I am reading the websites wrong). However, I may still fit the 21"......and run a slightly shorter stem than on my One 9.

thanks again and Merry Christmas

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FoShizzle said:
Thank you sir.....yeah....that is what I thought. Seems like the effective top tube is virtually midway between that of my Large One 9 which is perfect for me by the way.

Standover of the 18" Inbred is almost spot on to that of the Large One 9 with the 21" Inbred I think almost 3" more (unless I am reading the websites wrong). However, I may still fit the 21"......and run a slightly shorter stem than on my One 9.

thanks again and Merry Christmas
I'm 6' tall and run the 18" frame and it's perfect for my size ;)

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
weight is nearly the same as the km but the handling is 1000 times better - I really love this bike but unfortunatly we have soooo much snow here in Austria ;)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Come on mr. sponsored rider... 1000x better? For 10mm taller BB, similar toptube, same angles, ans identical frame+fork weight? I find that hard to believe. Then, I haven't ridden an On-One as much as I have a KM.

·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cloxxki said:
Come on mr. sponsored rider... 1000x better? For 10mm taller BB, similar toptube, same angles, ans identical frame+fork weight? I find that hard to believe. Then, I haven't ridden an On-One as much as I have a KM.
The whole bike is arround 24,65 pounds and the frame and fork are about 100 gram lighter.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Frame is lighter yes, but your cut-to-size fork? Last KM fork I weighed was 1082g ready to roll.

Better handling? With the same fork, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to tell the difference on a night ride :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts