Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first real Singlespeed is finally ready for prime time, so I thought I would post it for everyones comments. I have been riding it in various states of assembly since the fall, but it is pretty much done to my liking now. The frame was purchased used from a fellow MTBR SSer whose screen name I can't remember. Anyway, here is the build and the pictures:

Hunter steel SS frame with EBB and disc mounts
Kelly Rigid disc only fork
Race Face Turbine 180 cranks w/ spot guard and 31t ring
Old Time ATAC pedals
20 tooth Chris King cog
Shimano Deore M555 discs
XT front disc hub laced to Mavic F219 rim
Nashbar rear SS cassette disc hub(converted to QR with Woodman axle) laced to Mavic X618 rim
Dean Titanium seatpost
Old WTB saddle
FSA Orbit XLII headset
Titec Titanium stem
Titec Titanium bar
Ritchey WCS barends
WTB Wierwolf 2.5 fron tire
Kenda Kinetics 2.35 rear tire
lock on grips
I think that is it, here are the pictures:
 

Attachments

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
congrats!

nice rig, amigo!
that thing looks race ready. or battle ready. maybe one and the same. :D

you have it set up really nicely, though i don't think i could ever go back to flat bars (the Ti is really sweet though). when you have a few more clams, get yourself a sweet SS wheelset that is worthy of the rest of the build. then you can use the current setup as a bash around set.

share some dirty pics when you have a chance!
OGG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OneGearGuy said:
nice rig, amigo!
that thing looks race ready. or battle ready. maybe one and the same. :D

you have it set up really nicely, though i don't think i could ever go back to flat bars (the Ti is really sweet though). when you have a few more clams, get yourself a sweet SS wheelset that is worthy of the rest of the build. then you can use the current setup as a bash around set.

share some dirty pics when you have a chance!
OGG
Thanks for the complements! It is definately set up as more of a XC and climbing machine(just look at the 31:20 ratio!). I have to say that I will never give up my flat bars though! I tried a riser on it when I first built it up, but felt too upright and way too cramped. Plus, I really like climbing with my hands on the bar ends, it is just SO much more comfortable for me. I an looking into maybe a wider flat bar, but my trails are pretty narrow, so I can't go much wider. As for the wheels, I just can't see spending upwards of $500 on a set of wheels right now, but that could always change! These wheels were pretty cheap and should be very durable.
 

·
bike geek
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
bikeny said:
The frame was purchased used from a fellow MTBR SSer whose screen name I can't remember.
That'd be me! I first scrolled to the pictures, said to myself, hey, that's the same color/decal combo I had on mine, then read your text and saw it was my frame! Looking good. I hope you really enjoy it. Rick's work is top notch.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tamjam said:
That'd be me! I first scrolled to the pictures, said to myself, hey, that's the same color/decal combo I had on mine, then read your text and saw it was my frame! Looking good. I hope you really enjoy it. Rick's work is top notch.

Brian
I figured you would see it and chime in! I am definately enjoying it, it is a blast to ride. Riding my same old trails on a full rigid SS is a whole new experience, and I am loving it. I am still playing with seat positioning and stem length right now, but it is almost perfect. I would have liked to see a little more rear tire clearance, as the Kenda 2.35 is REALLY tight, but I can't complain! Thanks again for the frame, it is being put to good use!

Mark
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top