Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started at Soda Springs 9am Sunday morning. Rode HTIG in "reverse" direction then continued on to the Donner Rim Trail and then up the trail to Warren Lake about 1.5 miles to the trail summit where I explored the spurs that go left and right of the trail. Great views!

Returned the way I came. HTIG is wide open and dust free for the time being. I was pretty much out of the smoke except at the low point in Soda Springs. Got hassled by two female hikers on seperate occasions...both on Donner Rim Trail. Quotes "enjoy it while you can because you won't be able to ride here much longer" and "if I see you on the PCT I will call the Ranger with my cell phone" Thanx for the info ladies:rolleyes:

It was a great ride at about 29 miles.

here is a pic of the only snow bank I encountered

Attachments

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
bigboulder said:
from the opposite side of Castle Peaks

I need a haircut
You look more like Krusty the Clown than your avatar :p

Looks like a great ride, the Canuck was telling me about a cool route up that way he wants to put together this fall I'm looking forward to.

If you got any free time next week (midweek) shoot me an e-mail or pm.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Did you make it all the way out to Warren Lake?

When I rode the Donner Rim Trail last summer I think I took that same trail. But turned around after going less than a mile. Looking at Google Earth, Warren Lake looks to be at least 4 miles north of the DRT.

Big Boulder with a camera....what's up with that?

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
bigboulder said:
Started at Soda Springs 9am Sunday morning. Rode HTIG in "reverse" direction then continued on to the Donner Rim Trail and then up the trail to Warren Lake about 1.5 miles to the trail summit where I explored the spurs that go left and right of the trail. Great views!

Returned the way I came. HTIG is wide open and dust free for the time being. I was pretty much out of the smoke except at the low point in Soda Springs. Got hassled by two female hikers on seperate occasions...both on Donner Rim Trail. Quotes "enjoy it while you can because you won't be able to ride here much longer" and "if I see you on the PCT I will call the Ranger with my cell phone" Thanx for the info ladies:rolleyes:

It was a great ride at about 29 miles.

here is a pic of the only snow bank I encountered
How did you reply to them? If it had been me I'd tell them a thing or two.

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
Those fields were fun skinny ski runs this last winter!!!! Now they are quite scenic!!!

BTW August 6-10 is a trail work and ride weekend that we are coordinating with several other local clubs - MBOSC, ROMP, FATRAC, BTCEB, and BONC.

We'll be working on the DLRT on one day, everyone is welcome to join in. Come on out and put in the hours to keep the DLRT assoc with Mtn Bikers are viable contributors. Let's show those sierra clubbers that bikes belong too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
MtnBikerDan said:
BTW August 6-10 is a trail work and ride weekend that we are coordinating with several other local clubs - MBOSC, ROMP, FATRAC, BTCEB, and BONC.

We'll be working on the DLRT on one day, everyone is welcome to join in. Come on out and put in the hours to keep the DLRT assoc with Mtn Bikers are viable contributors.
Yes - fun times! Our goal, as Dan mentioned, is to support Tahoe/Truckee trail orgs & their efforts for mtn bikers & fun singletrack. Along with trailwork we'll have group rides & get to know other cyclists across norcal clubs. This is our initial effort at organizing the weekend, and we hope it'll continue into future years.

We need to limit the # of participants, though to a pretty large group size. Sign-ups and coordination of travel, etc. are being handled through participating clubs.

If you're interested, contact your local club (ROMP, BTCEB, FATRAC, BONC, or MBOSC) -- PM me if you'd like the contact person's info or if you have any other questions. If you're not near one of the clubs, PM me; I'm keeping a list & toward the end of July I'll know if there's space - hopefully enough for everyone who's interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.