Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jerry rigged mine using a night rider universal bar mount. I may still get the gopro bar mount...probably more rigid. Also, the AAA NiMH batteries don't work in cold weather. It's documented...but I'm just confirming that:). I didn't have any lithium's, so I just did this:

 

·
yeah, uh............bikes
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
cytoe said:
I jerry rigged mine using a night rider universal bar mount. I may still get the gopro bar mount...probably more rigid. Also, the AAA NiMH batteries don't work in cold weather. It's documented...but I'm just confirming that:). I didn't have any lithium's, so I just did this:
Slick idea, how cold was it?

here's my contribution. still working on the sticky mount placements, but I like fork view ones so I'll probably do that.

Markham Park from FloridaFish on Vimeo.
 

·
*Contents Under Pressure
Joined
·
352 Posts
sweet vids!!

cytoe that behind the foot POV is probably one of my favorites!! the "camera doesnt do it justice" effect seems like it is greatly reduced. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I gotta try some of these cool angles and mounting locations. I just got mine and made a couple videos. I tried three different mounting spots. I'm thinking that the chest mount might be cool when its available.

HIJACK, sorry if this is hijacking this thread, but here are a couple of my tries with the same camera.
Editing is a pain in the ass! (using microsoft movie maker)

50 Year trail in AZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
semperfi658 said:
omg i want a GoPro now!!!! are they worth it?? which one is best for mountain biking? do i have to buy extra mounts?
Get the helmet hero one and it will come with a helmet mount. I got the bar mount as well that is fun to play with on a seatpost or the handlebars.
I think its worth it. They are half as much as the competitors and a tenth the cost of fancy systems yet the difference in quality is not very noticeable. I actually returned my Vholdr to get a cheap GoPro one.
For fast sports like mtb and dirt bikes I'd get the wide version. its a fish eye lense so you can see more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
iHelmetcam said:
False.

Why do people post this kind of nonsense?
haha fella. Relax. It is a tenth of the cost of some systems. And I can't notice the difference. All true then. Although, I know to someone who sells or knows a ton about them the difference must look HUGE. Just not to a novice like me though! :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
64 Posts
SOAZ said:
haha fella. Relax. It is a tenth of the cost of some systems. And I can't notice the difference. All true then. Although, I know to someone who sells or knows a ton about them the difference must look HUGE. Just not to a novice like me though! :p
I am relaxed fella. It's hard not to be relaxed when you're laughing like I am.

Yes, the difference in quality is very noticeable and the "tenth of the cost of some sytmes" bit is good for even more laughs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
iHelmetcam said:
I am relaxed fella. It's hard not to be relaxed when you're laughing like I am.

Yes, the difference in quality is very noticeable and the "tenth of the cost of some sytmes" bit is good for even more laughs.
I'll bet the OP had 100% as much fun as he would have with a more expensive camera so who really gives a rats ass in the end?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the video quality of the gopro is good enough for short clips. The wide angle seems to make the video look more stable. I tried using my Creative Flip on my helmet...but the fov was too narrow and the video seemed like it was all over the place. Anyway, if you are just uploading to youtube (yuck) or some other video hosting site, the gopro is good enough...I don't watch it on my tv.
 
1 - 20 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top