Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fortunate to have a variety of bikes to ride, but this bike is by far my favorite! i bought it 2 days after Christmas 05, and this is how it looks now after Christmas 06. It has at least 2 as many miles on it than the rest, excluding my commuter. The upgrades were a perfect match to this bike.

Attachments

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only compare this bike to 2 other rigid ss. A unit 26, and to me there is no comparision, the rig is far superior in geometry and comfort and handling. THe unit has a planet x fork, aluminum, very harsh. THe other bike is an 07 monocog made with the sanko japanese steel. The carbon front end is superior. The combo of the carbon switchblade, XXX carbon bar, and XXX carbon stem is ridiculous. I am a bigger guy too. I am 6' tall and about 220. I don't fear for my safety while on the bike, it rails turns, and provides a comfy ride.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Nice ride, but I'd seriously consider flipping that front QR so it faces the rear of the bike. So what if Salsa is upside down! At least you'll still have your teeth when your wheel doesn't get ripped out by the first branch you brush.

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
What carbon fork is that?

Looks like a nice build. Sounds like a bike you can just flick around and power up hills with. I have a similiar build in the works but deciding on forks on this back-up/commuter bike!
db

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had not considered that about the QR. I could really give to rips if people can see what it says. Thanks for advice, my parents spent some good money on my teeth when i was little.

·
time to climb
239 Posts
Rigs win again

Some may say "it's just another Rig, so what?" The Rig is a weapon. Mine looks mostly stock, with only small tweeks in components. I like the Reba, but been thinking about popping for the lightwight AMClassic SS wheelset (1600gm) to drop a couple of lbs. Like you, I've had my choice of SS or squishy for over a year now, and over 85% of the time I ride Rig. The bike still gets me smiling every time I turn the cranks, and without question made me a better, stronger rider. Even with the not so light wheels, I still climb up hills faster than anyone when I ride this bike. Rigs rock.:band:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.