Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Those shorts will continue to get lighter and more powerful. They'll definitely lead to trail damage. They'll also start to look more like regular shorts. If rangers can't tell the difference, they might just ban all hikers from parks.

·
mtb'er
4,291 Posts
Good God this technology can't come fast enough for Wilderness purist advocates to have aneurysms over!

If mechanical/motorized advantage can be hidden in one's shorts, all hiking should be banned in Wilderness... as they say about ebikes & bikes.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is STC on this one?

Good God this technology can't come fast enough for Wilderness purist advocates to have aneurysms over!

If mechanical/motorized advantage can be hidden in one's shorts, all hiking should be banned in Wilderness... as they say about ebikes & bikes.
Will Sustainable Trail Coalition balk at this? I think Sierra Club members will be confused more now than ever.

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
^ We've been on the cutting edge of e-shorts since the beginning. The first pair was developed so that rangers could run down the repackers (first mountain bikers) on Mt. Tam. And e-underwear was invented in CA to combat ED. Also, CA pioneered the use of electric condoms (patent pending). The more ya know...

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,768 Posts
that picture was photoshopped

we all know that dude was really standing still in the middle of a singletrack intersection staring into a smartphone screen, all downcountry like

·
Not a role model
1,312 Posts
I'm waiting for the weight to be reduced by 25% before I buy.

Perhaps a class 1 version, that's allowed everywhere non-assisted people are, that's between that full power version and nothing at all, that has the battery integration more streamlined, so it looks like it's a regular pair of shorts.

Not only is all that weight going to suck on the downhills, but I dread carrying the extra weight when it runs out of battery assistance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You guys have it all wrong. Now you can thru hike the PCT with all your fat friends! It opens up a new group of people to hiking, so it's actually a good thing for hikers and will help advocacy! It doesn't cause any more trail wear either, I jogged behind this guy and his foot prints in the dirt looked the same!

·
Not a role model
1,312 Posts
The accompanying E-shirt gonna be hated on like fire (from lithium battery fires) + arms = firearms. They're no doubt a weapon! What's going to keep someone with an e-shirt from bullying others when they pass by? Why can't they rely on calling the cops after the victim has been violated like every other civil person?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.