Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys using your fenix to map and route new trails? Also what screens do you use? A bit frustrated with some things on the watch but maybe I’m just getting pickier about what I want. The biggest thing I would like is to know how far to the top of a climb. Need to start digging into what this watch can REALLY do and not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Loud tyres save lives
561 Posts
I have a Garmin Fenix 5S but I only really use it for tracking rides and keeping an eye on basic metrics, for anything more than that including navigation I use an Edge cycle computer. The new 530 and 830 (plus will be coming to the 1030) can show how long it is to the top of a climb although older units can show an altitude graph of what's coming.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Garmin Fenix 5S but I only really use it for tracking rides and keeping an eye on basic metrics, for anything more than that including navigation I use an Edge cycle computer. The new 530 and 830 (plus will be coming to the 1030) can show how long it is to the top of a climb although older units can show an altitude graph of what's coming.
That's why I was asking. Was wondering if there was an app download that did this. Also trying to figure small details like auto climb with other users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.