Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure anybody has any experience of Garmin Dakota20 not able to power on... While I'm still learning/familiarlise this new toy I bought, its not able to power on out of sudden. Any suggestion? I've written a email to Garmin, no reply so far:madmax:

·
since 4/10/2009
34,359 Posts
Visit the Garmin forums.

This is not an unheard-of issue with other GPS models. Many folks get their issues resolved by flashing their firmware. I'm not sure if the files for the Dakota 20 are posted on their forums right now, but one of their techs will e-mail them to you to try out once you get a case going.

I suggest calling their tech support. It always takes longer to get help via e-mail.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,359 Posts
It is not uncommon for it to occur with any Garmin GPS from time to time. A firmware update bricked my (and many others') Edge 705 GPSes back in the summer. Sometimes, the Garmin folks were able to get peoples' Edge 705's running again without having to RMA them. Mine had to be RMA'd, but I was unable to tell for sure until the Garmin techs had me try a few things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shimanator said:
same thing for me here.I flased my device and it still doest power on.
seem to be a common problem from this gps....have to rma
Sorry have to ask... what is rma?
Anyway just got a reply from Garmin, they are asking me to try to connect up the unit to charge it then try to power on again... try out later but feeling skeptic about this "patch"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.