Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Kyle McCarron and I were up at whistler and he took a really bad fall and lacerated his kidney.... now he is bleeding internally. If the bleeding stops soon he will be able to keep his kidney but if if it he will need major surgery to have his kidney removed. Please send him all your healing vibes, he needs them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Injury is never good. Hopefuly he will be okay and he will ride again.
How is he feeling?
Could i ask what happened?
Was it his first time in whistler?
Anyway i hope he heals quick.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I lacerated my kidney and liver in a really bad crash once. Those are organs that have extraordinary healing abilities. He'll be on bed rest for at least 6 or 8 weeks. Then beyond that it'll be 2 or 3 more months before he can do anything physical. If he just doesn't move much he has a great chance of being okay.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well hes all doped up on dilotonin or whatever the strongest **** they have is so hes jus resting......yea it was his first time up there but 3rd day riding we were on dirt merchant and they are redoing the trail so they have a temporary coarse to ride and one part is pretty steep and he just launched off it way too fast and sideways and chucked his bike and landed on his back.....at first we thought it was just bruised ribs but it started hurting more and more.

By the time we got to Vancouver we knew he needed an emergency room but in Canada you have to pay up front and he just doesnt have the money for that so we drove into bellingham and luckily the hospital we went to was a trauma center so hes getting looked after by good people.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow - bad fall and then a long ride in the car. I'm glad it was not worse. Once he is stable, he can start planning next year and the next trip. Get him lots of mags and links to sites like this to feed the addiction while he heals.

Dirt Merchant is a great run! I learned to DH on it last year. 3 days must have kicked your butts!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Curler said:
By the time we got to Vancouver we knew he needed an emergency room but in Canada you have to pay up front and he just doesnt have the money for that so we drove into bellingham and luckily the hospital we went to was a trauma center so hes getting looked after by good people.
Canada sucks! :madman:

Hope it works out well for him

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
mucho vibes on the way.

boogenman said:
Canada sucks! :madman: ...
Same on the reciprocal, when I busted myself up down south, cash up front...
Seems to work both ways. Either way I will agree it does suck donkey bawls.

michael

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Healing vibes Kyle, hope ya get well soon bud:thumbsup:

Curler, hes lucky hes got a good mate like you, keep supportin him, mags, DVDs just seeing people is good don't expect too much of him in hospital just being there is great to have!

The hard road is when hes back home so keep the buddy system going after hes checked out of hospital , don't forget about him cause hes home, thats the hardest trail if he has a long recovery! if not, hope to see some piccs of him ripping again soon..

Healing vibes healing vibes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
mega healing vibes coming his way! i 2nd the motion of giving him dvds and mags to check out in the hospital when hes feeling alittle better!

hope his kidney heals up real good and that hes ok to ride again in a year or two

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.