Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I designed my first freeride bike, my second bike design ever. All frame parts are from the 2007 Specialized Demo and SX Trail. Oh, and about the chain and seat stays, they would be M5 Aluminum like the rest of the frame, but wrapped with a very thin layer of carbon fiber for cosmetics. Don't take the brand names seriously because I just made them up as a last minute thing, so give suggestions if you have any. And I know that FSR is like a Specialized Patented technology, blah, blah, blah thingy... but this isn't a final copy or anything and it has no plans for production so don't get into that.

Time to complete: 5-6 Hours (Roughly)

*Please don't steal these pictures. I put tons of my own time into them. Just ask me if you can use them and I will definately say yes if you give me credit for them where ever you post them*

Parts-
Frame: Mix of 2007 Specializd Demo 7 and SX Trail
Fork: Rock Shox Totem Coil
Shock: Fox DHX 5.0 Coil
Wheels: Mavic DeeMax
Brakes: Avid Code 200mm
Crankset: Truvativ Holzfeller
Drivetrain: SRAM XO
BashGuard: e.13 Supercharger
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Gobi Wingflex

Frame Donors-

Concept-

-Heals

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice freaking bike man. How much does it weigh and how does it climb? LoL

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tacubaya said:
Damn dude, that is so fycking clean :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Its more SX than Demo though
Thanks, I thought it came out pretty clean too. I know, its basically an shortened SX with the top and head tube of a Demo 7.

fourtyounce said:
Nice freaking bike man. How much does it weigh and how does it climb? LoL
I would guess it would weigh anywhere around 35-40, most likely closer to 40 due to the components. Wouldn't beable to say about the climbing. If I win the lottery anytime in my life, I'll definately pony up the cash to make a couple of prototypes.

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
Nice, I like. That bike would be cool with a DHX Air too. I really like the looks of that. Present it to Specialized?

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
wow looks good. just a bit confused is this like a blue print or did you really make it already (physically). if so how did it ride and are you planning to give it way for some benjamins????

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,988 Posts
nice job with whatever program you youngin's be usin'

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doodooboi said:
wow looks good. just a bit confused is this like a blue print or did you really make it already (physically). if so how did it ride and are you planning to give it way for some benjamins????
Uhh, I wish. If I had the thousands of dollars to build this thing I definately would. Prayin for the mega millions.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
nice job with whatever program you youngin's be usin'
Adobe Photoshop 6.0

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
other then a couple missing sections of brake cable and some weird chain breakage that is a super clean, super nice photoshop.

ever thought about sending the frame design in?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
free rider said:
other then a couple missing sections of brake cable and some weird chain breakage that is a super clean, super nice photoshop.

ever thought about sending the frame design in?
Uhh, yeah... I just noticed the chain breakage today, I'll have to fix that one. And, I just got lazy with the cables and didn't feel like rerouting it... that takes a while and a steady hand which I lack. And yes I have thought about sending in a frame design. I would like to also go to college for CAD and other designing courses and engineering and hopefully someday work as a designer for one of the big bike companies. :D But thats just the outlook as of now.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
that's cool and all but i'd hardly call photoshopping two frames together a 'concept'...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Im sorry but I think that it looks exzactly like an sx trail. I dont see any differences but the headtube angle.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts