Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

ive just put some rs revelation on my bike, replacing the old rubbish suntours i had, the bikes got an integrated headset and the steerer tube of both forks are 1 1/8, but the new rock shox are wobbling in the headtube slightly,
ive probobly missed something really stupid, but sorry i just cant figure it out :madman:
thanks a lot

joe

686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aahh thats probobly it yeh, i replaced the star nut system with a headlock and ddnt really think about that when i changed them
thanks! :)

only thing is i dont wanna cut too much off the steerer with a saw, so looks like im gonna be spending some time with a file tomorrow.....

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Dude, in the nicest, most polite way I know how let me say.........cut the fvcking steerer tube already, you'll be there for days sanding/filing it down and it will look no better than if you hack it off using a hacksaw and then file thedges off. It will not effect how it looks anyway, as that part is hidden from view.

AND BTW it's a FORK, no plural/(S). You don't eat with a forks do you?
thank you everyone :)

i think i'll stick to sanding it, just keeps the bike looking nice without lots of spacers i think, nothing major to do!!

thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.