Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Southern Fried mUni
1,126 Posts
jeffgothro said:
BMX and clipless pedals? = certain death :eek:
That's right......unelss he's talking about BMX racing. The thing to do is get away from clipless pedals altogether and learn to keep your feet on the pedals without being attached to them. Clipless is great for efficiency but a horrible crutch in most other areas. Put on flats for a few months.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Lots of Vitamin B cream and keep it out of direct sun for a while and you should be good.
And yes, many chicks do dig scars!

Eric

·
beer thief
4,925 Posts
screampint said:
Before and after. I think I will stick to clipless pedals if I decide to take it seriously.
Awesome! Looks a little like my shin, except mine was from a snowmaking pipe. Yours is much longer, though.

Aren't you glad that chicks dig scars, Sar?!

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
zod said:
That's right......unelss he's talking about BMX racing. The thing to do is get away from clipless pedals altogether and learn to keep your feet on the pedals without being attached to them. Clipless is great for efficiency but a horrible crutch in most other areas. Put on flats for a few months.
Even racing I wouldnt do it...but thats just me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i guess no one else has noted that you are a female...

i guess they should have realized that this is not a roadie board, and that a shaved leg means theres a good chance you're a girl

anyways..i did that same thing to myself...that was the last time i rode flats...it sucked

·
Registered
477 Posts
I ride platforms, always have, and I ride hard. I use to ride with bear traps, if you know what those are- you'll know why they're called that.

I seldomly ever slip a pedal and when I do my foot slips forward and it's my calf that gets it. If your shin is getting it your foot must be slipping backwards off the pedal. Either you're too much up on the ball of your foot (like a clipless) or you got the wrong type of sneaks on. Get a skate/bmx shoe with a waffle type tread pattern. Also, a good platform pedal helps. I'm not sure why but some grip much better than others

friends I've ridden with have had pedal slippage problems with platforms. As soon as they got into a proper sneak, the slippage for the most part went away.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Screampint, Look at it this way, if you ever find yourself on a fishing boat, getting drunk, while fishing for sharks.............daa-dum....daa-dum....daa-dum....

actually, that healed up well. Does the SO know you're show'n off your legs on the net?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts