Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to share this....my first vintage bike! I can't wait to get it built up and go for a ride. I just fell in love with the Poofdeflage paint job...it's so different and cool. So watch out, Keyesville Crew...I'm coming after you guys next year!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
downhilljill said:
I just had to share this....my first vintage bike! I can't wait to get it built up and go for a ride.
Jeez, you come right out swingin don't ya? First vintage score, and it's a Shafer-made Salsa. Hot damn! Can't wait to see it built & in action!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Way to go Jill, that is going to make for an very sweet ride. Dam, a FB Salsa for your
1st vintage bike :eek: If its not ready by Sea Otter, just bring the frame and watch out for the drool :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rumpfy said:
How cool is that!

I'm excited for you Jill, that is one hellofa start!
Whats the year and serial number?

Now...can you get it built by Sea Otter? :D

Does this mean the bamboo is safe? ;)
Ha! The bamboo will NEVER be safe. I love that bike. But I do really like my new bike. Mike thinks it's an 85 or 86; he remembers riding with the original owner right about that time. I'm having a hard time reading the serial number, but it looks like SM090 or SM890. I'd love to get it built before Sea Otter...but I've got 2 other bikes to try to build before we leave on Tuesday, so we'll see. :D

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
downhilljill said:
Ha! The bamboo will NEVER be safe. I love that bike. But I do really like my new bike. Mike thinks it's an 85 or 86; he remembers riding with the original owner right about that time. I'm having a hard time reading the serial number, but it looks like SM090 or SM890. I'd love to get it built before Sea Otter...but I've got 2 other bikes to try to build before we leave on Tuesday, so we'll see. :D
I have a feeling it'll be done by SOC.

Dare I say...dirt drops? :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rumpfy said:
I have a feeling it'll be done by SOC.

Dare I say...dirt drops? :)
We'll see....

Dirt drops....I haven't decided yet if I want to run flat bars or drops. The idea of drops in the dirt sort of freaks me out a little bit, but we'll see. I guess I need to figure that out pretty quick, eh?!?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
downhilljill said:
We'll see....

Dirt drops....I haven't decided yet if I want to run flat bars or drops. The idea of drops in the dirt sort of freaks me out a little bit, but we'll see. I guess I need to figure that out pretty quick, eh?!?
It will probably be easier and faster to set it up with flat bars initially.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.