Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning i met jesterspaw and three of his friends to ride desert classic. the sunrise over four peaks was beautiful and a nice breeze accompanied us the whole time. we had a great time w/o mechanicals or crashes.

this short video is of jesterspaw and me at the jumps by san gabriel. oh, what fun i'm having editing clips even though at times frustration sets in when i cannot figure out this new program in two minutes. so now you know patience is not one of my strong virtues. :D

thanks, paulB, for telling me how to embed the video here from youtube. i hope it works.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mx_599 said:
what editing software are you using? do you know if the sony vegas 100 dollar version is good enough for the weekend warrior film editor? the full version is around 400 bucks :rolleyes:

mx
i'm new to video-making! a couple of weeks ago i started with windows movie maker and did a short video with some .avi files i had from a couple years back. when i found out that my digital camera shoots .mov, which wmm doesn't open, i had to go shopping for a program that would. i did online research of adobe premiere elements 4, sony vegas, nero, pinnacle and easy media creator (at costco). after much reading i got adobe. check out this link from toptenreviews; it might help you some:

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

wmm was a piece of cake to learn and use but very limited. adobe is more powerful but not as easy to learn. i found a forum for elements and premiere and have learned a couple of things there.

·
A Huckin' Hypocrite
378 Posts
Vegas

mx_599 said:
what editing software are you using? do you know if the sony vegas 100 dollar version is good enough for the weekend warrior film editor? the full version is around 400 bucks :rolleyes:

mx
I played around for a couple years with Windows Movie Maker and then got the Sony Vegas $100 software. I think for what I do it works great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice

That was a great ride and the video came out good. The mid-air pause is too cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
A few pics from the ride

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Wheel Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Vegetation Plant community Nature reserve Bird Arecales

1. Sativa
2. Dephane and Paul
3. Javelina near the water tank (kinda hard to see)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good stuff....I think I saw you guys out there yesterday too. Near the trailhead, passed by a group on a red specialized.....in a great hurry to try to make it to work on time :D

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DurtGurl said:
Cool but too short! I still can't figure out how to pause or slow down a clip on iMovie. I like how you pause the riders in mid-jump.
a shorty, yes, cuz it's all the footage i got that morning.:p

as general havoc said, there's a way to slow down or speed up a clip. however, i'm sure that the free mac 'imovie', like the pc 'windows movie maker' is limited in the amount of effects and things you can do. that's why i bought a video-editing program. with premiere elements not only can you slow/speed up a clip, but you can determine by what percentage - very cool feature. the free program has only one setting.

the pause, or freeze frame, is another feature found in the non-free program.

hope that helps missy :cool:

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Threesticks said:
I'm at work and the filters and such won't let me see it. I'll just to try from home on my own time, darn it.
i keep telling you your job stinks but you dun't lissen! :D

·
Sup?
639 Posts
nice video!.. we want more footage next time though! :thumbsup:

iMovie can do the freeze frame, slow down, speed up and
reverse clips.

the latest version was a bit 'dumbed down' as far as the
UI goes... but I believe they also still offer the previous
version either on the disc, or avail via download for folks
that are not thrilled with the new and 'improved' (sic)
interface.

I know several folks that really like Vegas.. and yes
Premier is also good for Windows users.

I'm finding these days that I lean more towards Apple
Final Cut Express and or Pro depending upon what I'm
doing. It seems to handle stills better, iMovie seems to
pixelate too much unless you go in and do specific sizing
to fit the screen (matching resolution) with Photoshop or
some such.

I've been also doing more HD as of late, so that probably
helps (more available pixels for stills)

For really quick/dirty projects though iMovie is hard to
beat.

Keep the videos coming everyone, cool stuff!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.