1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im waiting for my first Turner :D
a 2008 small sangria 5 Spot:thumbsup:

But i have a quick question :
Would a 2009 RS Reba 120mm travel with Maxle Lite be ok on a 5 Spot ????

The Spot will be used for tecnical trailriding with a lot of small ups and downs + a lot
of roots.No downhills since the highest point here in Denmark is 400feet :madman:

Thanks
Thomas

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Thomas said:
Im waiting for my first Turner :D
a 2008 small sangria 5 Spot:thumbsup:

But i have a quick question :
Would a 2009 RS Reba 120mm travel with Maxle Lite be ok on a 5 Spot ????

The Spot will be used for tecnical trailriding with a lot of small ups and downs + a lot
of roots.No downhills since the highest point here in Denmark is 400feet :madman:

Thanks
Thomas
You are much better off with a Pike.

You will make you spot flux-like by putting a shorter fork on it. Will make it steer quicker on the tight ST, but will not be the best for the techical riding you are describing.

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so

The reason i asked,is that i have a brandnew Reba Team with Maxle lite under my bed :p

I also have a Minute Mrd 130 travel 20mm axle (but the babyblue colour is a no go :eek:

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Your call better be quick to hunt one down in 09 air is only available in the Revelation not a bad thing, a Pike in a lighter chassis and lighter maxle!

454 Uturn air is probably the most versatile its what I ran, solid reliable great damping, top CS best seals in its class, coil ver is also tops bit heavier but if a running a air shock rear imo best to go air front! its a good match for the Spot :thumbsup:

Oh and Push can keep ya in the UGI mode for years to come as well front and rear ;)

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
I've got a Pushed 454 Dual air u-turn. It is very adjustable and has been very reliable. And not very heavy at all. Some like the feel of coil, I really can't tell the difference between my Dual air and my buddy's coil Pike. (mtbjc280, he's selling it BTW. He's moved on to an RFX with a Lyrk)

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Thomas said:
Bot i want it cheap ;)
So i got a 454 Coil from CRC
I like the feel of coil,and the Spot is not going to be a weight weenie build :D
yeah..with the current conversion rates to GBP, CRC is very tempting...

(but I have to get rid of the extra forks I already have before thinking of getting something else :p )

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Get ya rear pushed or better yet get a pushed DHXc with ti coil then if ya got a coil Pike to balance out the coil feel out at the front, I never like personally a coil front and air rear, other way around is fine, but in general I like a balance feel front and rear!
Pointless having a top frame feeling underwhelmed by a shock, the shock may not be performing badly but usually this combo if you have air in the rear will feel that way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.