Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Since a friend of mine built his SS from old bike parts I became very excited with the idea of getting myself a SS bike!

Last Sunday afternoon I had nothing to do and decided to start the modification of an old Parkpre Mountain Comp I had laying around.

This is what came up from those 3 ou 4 hours of work :D :D :D

For starters this is good enough, maybe I´ll build a new one if I like the feeling of riding a bike with no gears

the crankset its a modded ´95 Shimano LX

a home made "esticador" how do you call this in english?!

the clean looks its what I like the most on these type of bikes, sometimes I feel like I´m riding a big wheels BMX bike!

But my fingers still look for the triggers! :D :D

Cheers!

·
Suffering Mightily
215 Posts
Nice! Great job on the conversion. That is an interesting chain tensioner, BTW.
Enjoy,
Drbbt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys!

Thank you all for your kind words :)

Tha crocs sandals are not spd´s :) lol ...

I had this old frame laying around and getting rusty so, why not convert it!

Yesterday I´ve managed to remove the chain tensioner... I know this design was original :) but it was a hassle when I need top remove the wheel..

Maybe I´ll disassemble the bike this weekend and give it a new color or maybe I´ll only remove the black paint and just leave it in bare steel color with a layer of varnish.

The only thing I feel its missing on this bike its a new fork so the front of the bike could be raised a little.

Should I put a new fork on it?

Cheers,
fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.