Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Its my first time posting in the Clydesdale forum so first I'll say hello. I'm 36, 5'11 and 230#. I started riding road bikes when I was in 7th grade and got my first MTB in '88. I rode the trails hard for three or four years but then somehow life interfered with my riding. Anyway, I bought a Gary Fisher Cobia last week and took it out for the first time today. It was awesome! I figured I'd ease back into it. I rode a little last night alongside my wife while she was walking the dog and found that my front derailer was rubbing a little in the granny gear even in the middle back cog. So today I rode the local rail trail to the bike shop to get it tuned and then rode around a little. I purchased some lined shorts on-line, but was still amazed at how uncomfortable my butt became. I figure its going to take some time to adjust. I think I did really well. I still have my climbing technique but not my lungs. LOL. I rode a nice gravel footpath uphill that connects to the railtrail and had a lot of fun with it. It has some switchbacks and it has hand railings in places so when I needed to catch my breath I could just grab it without pulling my feet from the toe clips. There's a big climb to get back to my house and I was breathing really hard when I got off the bike, but I survived the first ride. Its a nice bike. I can't wait to get back out on it. I think its going to be everything I need in a bike and I'm loving the 29ers. Maybe Its because I've been away from it for so long or the G2 geometry, but it didn't really feel that different. It felt a little like I was more in the middle of the bike when I got up out of the saddle climbing, but that's about it. My next upgrade is shoes, then clipless pedals. I'm riding in a Protec helmet too, so I think I need a Fox Flux. LOL. All in all, I'm very stoked, and I hope to keep it up, shed some pounds, get my aerobic fitness back a little, and tear up some trails. Thanks for listening. Its nice to meet everyone.
-Dave in WV

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.