Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just joined this forum, this is my first post/real mountain bike/build. A few of my friends ride and they've been trying to get me on the trails for the past two seasons. I tried it once but the bike I was given broke before entering the trail. I'm more interested now so gonna give it another shot.

I'm going the 29er route. Got me an Access XCL 21" frame. It was on sale for 99$ so I think that for a first bike it's not too bad?

Here's some pictures of the frame. Nothing fancy but whatev.

I'm beginning to put it together with a friend tonight. More pictures to follow!

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
there is a full thread dedicated to that frame. Seriously underrated and at that cost you cant go wrong. I would have gotten it could I have found one 1) in my size (need the 19") and 2) for any cheaper than $150... but oh well. Love my cro-mo Inbred and will love it more this weekend when I can finally ride it!''

Give us some specs on the build!!! Do your research, ask LOTS of questions, DO NOT jump on something just because it seems like a good deal.... and most of all take your time and enjoy the process. (if you want good handbuilt wheels at a good price contact orion_cycles on here or via his company email at [email protected])

ps. and show your exif!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gregnash said:
there is a full thread dedicated to that frame. Seriously underrated and at that cost you cant go wrong. I would have gotten it could I have found one 1) in my size (need the 19") and 2) for any cheaper than $150... but oh well. Love my cro-mo Inbred and will love it more this weekend when I can finally ride it!''

Give us some specs on the build!!! Do your research, ask LOTS of questions, DO NOT jump on something just because it seems like a good deal.... and most of all take your time and enjoy the process. (if you want good handbuilt wheels at a good price contact orion_cycles on here or via his company email at [email protected])

ps. and show your exif!!
Thanks! I will post the rest of the specs later today. Pardon my ignorance but what's "exif"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gregnash said:
Exif data is the data the your camera attaches to the photos when you shoot a digital picture. So it will tell me your camera model, iso, shutter, focal length, apeture, etc.... Just curious cus it looked like you were shooting in a studio and I am alway curious to see what people are using, camera-wise.
Man, I should've known that. Actually, we just painted our bedroom and one of the walls is blue. I have white backdrops but they've been folded up for a while and I didn't feel like ironing! So the blue worked well!

D40
18-55mm (crap kit lens)
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 26mm (crap-o kit lens)

I setup two lights on either side of her. Pretty happy with the results. And I'm long overdue for a camera upgrade. But, the D40 hasn't really let me down. It's horrible in low-light situations though. What do you use?

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Wow did you use two regular room lights or did you use strobes? Definitely came out nice. Light is soft and even across everything... I use an old Canon 20D with a couple different lenses but mostly my Tokina 19-35mm. I am in the market for a new body two as my shutter release (on the camera body) has stopped working most of the time so I have to resort to using my grips release. More of a Canon boy then Nikon but hey cameras are cameras and it is about the person behind the shot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gregnash said:
Wow did you use two regular room lights or did you use strobes? Definitely came out nice. Light is soft and even across everything... I use an old Canon 20D with a couple different lenses but mostly my Tokina 19-35mm. I am in the market for a new body two as my shutter release (on the camera body) has stopped working most of the time so I have to resort to using my grips release. More of a Canon boy then Nikon but hey cameras are cameras and it is about the person behind the shot.
Two umbrellas with 68W CFLs 2700K in each. "but hey cameras are cameras and it is about the person behind the shot." Couldn't agree with you more.

·
Superflying on Haven
638 Posts
More pictures...without the bike frame...

Did you really expect comments about your bike frame with such a "background" :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Menzo said:
More pictures...without the bike frame...

Did you really expect comments about your bike frame with such a "background" :D
Oh I knew there would be a few of those! But, as this is a "build thread" that is all you get!!! :)

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
I see GregNash is finally going to get to ride his bike!!

Bro, you have patients beyond belief! I would have taken on a second or third job, mowed lawns, shoveled snow, baked cookies, painted fences, sold sperm etc. just so I didn't have to wait!

Revitalize the thread with pictures once you get the bike going!

BTW...Don't hate on Nikon :( It was my first SLR 35mm and it took absolutely beautiful pictures..now it just sits in a box, but I just recently went out and bought a Nikon S8100..its small but packs a punch...love the 3200 ISO and full 1080p video!

Then again, I am not a camera person...I am probably one of the least photogenic people on earth!

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
I'm at work...and not doing much work, your and my tax dollars at work! :p
Also consider, this is the 29er forum..this is where all the cool kids hangout!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.