Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and either they messed up my address or the post office lost it...............
how annoying is having to wait until 2 weeks is up to then have to pester someone to reship the order........... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Since the post office does not guarantee shipping time on most of its services, I would recommend you use a shipping method next time that does, esp. since it does not cost any more than post office shipping. Then you can track the package online to see where it is at. For this order, can't you look at your order history and see what address Performance used? Then you would be able to figure out whether that was the problem. I have never had a problem using performancebike.com. Sorry you had a bad experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
triscuit said:
Since the post office does not guarantee shipping time on most of its services, I would recommend you use a shipping method next time that does, esp. since it does not cost any more than post office shipping. Then you can track the package online to see where it is at. For this order, can't you look at your order history and see what address Performance used? Then you would be able to figure out whether that was the problem. I have never had a problem using performancebike.com. Sorry you had a bad experience.
good call. i did the order over the phone, i ASSUMED they used ups or fedex and later found it was usps..so heads up to what you just said, make sure to specifiy fedex eh??

so my measely $40 first-time-customer order at ther very soonest could arrive here 1 MONTH after ordering it..

needless to say, even if it is a fluke, after dealing with 4 absolutely miserable people in customer service, ill be going elseeeewherrrreeeee
 

·
XCdude
Joined
·
1,295 Posts
I been using pricepoint for years and I have never ever had

xrussox said:
and either they messed up my address or the post office lost it...............
how annoying is having to wait until 2 weeks is up to then have to pester someone to reship the order........... :mad:
a single bad experience. I have ordered stuff as late as 3pm and got them next day. I do live in California. I will buy from them, worst so far for me was Cambria, I order(online), after three days I called so they could tell me it was out of stock, so I changed the order then three days later the order had not even shipped, so I asked for a little free shipping upgrade for my order( three day) and they said NO, so I cancelled my order will never ever buy from them and will pass on the story to anyone who listens :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
moab63 said:
a single bad experience. I have ordered stuff as late as 3pm and got them next day. I do live in California. I will buy from them, worst so far for me was Cambria, I order(online), after three days I called so they could tell me it was out of stock, so I changed the order then three days later the order had not even shipped, so I asked for a little free shipping upgrade for my order( three day) and they said NO, so I cancelled my order will never ever buy from them and will pass on the story to anyone who listens :mad:
I used to live near one of Cambria's stores in Auburn, California. They were miserable in person too. The people were rude and refused to help you. I walked in there three times over about a 5 year period trying to buy things and every time got so irritated that I left without purchasing anything. I haven't had a problem with Performance though. I usually only get little things from them though and buy it in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here it is a full THREE WEEKS after my original order.
21 days later i get my stuff, INCOMPLETE....
supposedly my hydrapak i ordered was discontinued since they lost my first order.
lovely! ive been on the phone with a half a dozen people at least since my original order and no one mentioned anything about ANY items being discontinued.
they showed NO sign of giving or even OFFERING me a credit.

i had to call up and talk to yet another person who seemed to hate their job, and i eventually am getting a credit for my shipping costs and the pack they decided i couldnt have.

NEVER AGAIN.

my LBS might be quite overpriced but whatever, they are worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I just made my 1st order from there last week,
you made the mistake of taking the USPS for shipping.
I also question the phone order if you have the intarweb???
Anyway, you must be new to having things shipped to you.
I wont even order from some places based on their shipping options alone.
My 1st and last question are about shipping.
What good is an order that you dont get shipped correctly.
I had my order fedex'ed 2day, since it was a subway lunch more
and I even made the mistake of ordering an CO2 quick inflator
not allowed for air-shipping. That came USPS and came 2 days after
the other stuff. No offense but you could have had a 1st order like mine
had you exercised your options better.
I think they are a great retailer based on my experience...
learn from others mistakes since you will never live ling enough to make them
all yourself... sorry for your luck
peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually no, when i first placed the order i asked for fedex gorund but they shipped USPS anyways. and since when is the USPS the "wrong" choice for shipping? i get about a dozen packages amonth via USPS and they all arrive within 3-5 days at most.
i used the phone because their website was down and it wasnt accepting orders.
and yes i finally received the order, MISSING part of it.
i appreciate the input but i can barely understand what youre asking me. i made no mistake other than not supporting my LBS.
 

·
Complete Bastard
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
I ordered a set of rollers from performance once. On their site they had a set of rollers and they came with a cheaper heart rate monitor. Great, I ordered it. They didn't ship it so I called and found out they were not honoring their advertisement. But they never bothered to tell me about it! And they continued to have that special on their website for weeks afterward. I called and let them know what I thought of them. I won't buy from them ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
yeah, partial orders are not cool, i feel you on that.
Personally, i trust the USPS even less than UPS for the fact that you cant get
a tracking # and UPS always leaves things w/o a sig in my apartment lobby.
USPS does that too so I am xtra careful I guess. My 1st order was flawless
and I dont see too many other retailers out there w/ 20% off coupons floating
around. They wanted $279 for some MX Comp Zokes, on sale for $235
and then that coupon, left em at like $180. Not to mention the other stuff I
ordered came out just as cheap. That whole order was a steal and it was
shipped to me flawless. Just posting the flipside of the coin i guess.
So to those who still order from them, be careful and opt for better shipping.
Sorry you had bad luck bro.
peace ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
i would go postal service anytime. not only do they actually sponsor bike racing, and have the best team ever, i find that they are the best to deal with. when i lived in san francisco fedex was so lazy they always made me pick my orders up, about 7 miles away and an hour + train ride. and i lived downtown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
northoceanbeach said:
i would go postal service anytime. not only do they actually sponsor bike racing, and have the best team ever, i find that they are the best to deal with. when i lived in san francisco fedex was so lazy they always made me pick my orders up, about 7 miles away and an hour + train ride. and i lived downtown.

so they didn't actually visit your house??? :confused:
i find that hard to believe. Not their fault if you are not home.
did i miss something, you did you when they showed up @ your crib :eek:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top