Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night before last night I dreamed I was out on the trails with a couple of girl friends. Our ride was mostly clear with some random patches of snow and ice, just enough to keep us on alert. We were riding along and came to a hill we'd never encountered before. I was chosen to dismount and hike to scope it out. Turned out that the hill lead to a 30 foot drop off with construction going on at the other side. Bull dozers and land moving a-plenty. So we lamented the fate of the land briefly and discussed what the project might be. Then we got back on our bikes to search for more trails elsewhere.

What are some of the dreams you have about MTBing?

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do tend to air on the side of caution.
It would have been nice to have had you along. You could have bullied all the construction workers out of there so we could have had a blast ripping through all that fresh loose dirt!

It was pretty surreal... One moment we were in the perfect unspoiled arms of mother Nature, the next, it was machines and exhaust and destruction.

·
Bike Matron
245 Posts
Nothing quite to Jungian as MTBkitty, but I 've had a few dreams about effortlessly doing some technical move or another -- one had to do with bunny hopping a log. When I woke up it was fun to remember having a mountain bike dream.

·
Registered
923 Posts
annamagpie said:
I've had dreams of endless swooping flowing singletrack and me being TOTALLY in the groove. those are awesome dreams.
I have this one nearly every night :) . Night before last, however, I debated the merits vs increased weight of a 185 mm disc vs a 160 mm disc on the front wheel as a brake upgrade :nono: . That'd better never happen again. Only riding is allowed in the dreams :thumbsup: .

·
Read Only
0 Posts
My dreams involving my bikes are all about racing and winning and having my family there to witness it. Too, I do have dreams about riding places out west, brought on by people posting pictures from trips, and tight eastern singletrack, as well as trails back home in western Pennsylvania.

The only woman I dream about is my wife.............

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I had another one.

This time it was just me, out on a forest trail. Thoughts of MTB Manners rose up in my head upon waking because the trail was pretty muddy and it didn't look too much like an official trail. But there were tracks out there already that weren't mine so I was careful not to go off the beaten path, and had a blast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.