Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My bike was -TWO- Wheels!
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured that no one is gonna go to my first post, so heres another

Im in the painting process right now. Tomarrow I will assemble. Then the paint will be hard enough that it wont get ruined as it goes together.

The frame is flat black, and the fork and other red stuff is "fire red" paint costs are in the $5 range. About a can of black, a can of red, a can of primer and some clear. The paint costs $.97 a can. So its definatly budget.

·
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stripped all of the stickers, then I used steel wool to get the residue off. After that I sanded with 150 grit. Thats pretty much it. Didnt go downt he the aluminum I stayed in the clear coat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fixed life

I love seeing more folks come over to the fixed side. I started riding fixed gears in the dirt about a year ago and still haven't met anyone else who does. I know your out there, I am certainly not creative enough to be the first. Enjoy the scary times getting your peddals REALLY close to the rocks.

·
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just so you all know, this will be my secondary bike, the biek I ride to school with and stuff like that. It will never replace my DS rig.

Ive already ridden it, really weird but in a cool way. Im going to asseble it now so there will be finished pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts