Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been enjoying my 29" inbred a lot but am going to keep it single speed. I've also decided to sell my 26" inbred as a frame and that meant I had parts over. So while I was in the UK, I took a moment to go to Doncaster and pickup a Scandal Frame and Reba fork (thanks for making the time for me Brant).

I meant to take these photos earlier when the sun was out and the sky was blue but had to go to work on my day off and then pick up the kids from school, look after them you get the gist.

Sram attack shifters
XT fear mech, LX front mech
LX hollowtech II crank with TA rings
inbred post and saddle
mary bar, planet-x stem
hayes brakes
Bontrager tyres.
Open pro rims on On-one 456 hub at front and planet-x dog hub at rear with DT Swiss 2.0-1.8-2.0 spokes.

Decided to try open pro rims as I'm feeling wild, lucky and restless. Actually, I just turned 38 and am looking for cheap thrills :thumbsup: . If it doesn't work out, I'll just replace them with Mavic A719 which I've run on my white inbred with no problems.

Anyway, couple of commutes this week to bed things in, stem/spacer height etc. and then Driebergen on Sunday.
And I've put insulation tape on the frame to stop cable rub which looks a ugly and will get sorted in due course.

And for those visiting from STW, yes, I know, leaves need tidying etc. :)

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
English Bob said:
Bob,

Solid build. I am interested in seeing how the open pros hold. I am sure they are fine. Remember black is the new pink.:D
I've been using Open Pros on my Inbred for the last couple of months. I don't think I like them. Even though I have the tire pumped up at least 10 psi than I'm used to, I still manage to bottom out the tire on sharp ledges and rocks more often (using the same tires I use on the Salsa Delgados). Now I'm not totally sure that it's the Open Pro rims' fault, but with the same tires, higher pressure, and more flats, it makes me wonder.

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
Drevil said:
I've been using Open Pros on my Inbred for the last couple of months. I don't think I like them. Even though I have the tire pumped up at least 10 psi than I'm used to, I still manage to bottom out the tire on sharp ledges and rocks more often (using the same tires I use on the Salsa Delgados). Now I'm not totally sure that it's the Open Pro rims' fault, but with the same tires, higher pressure, and more flats, it makes me wonder.
Bummer. I had high hopes for them. I see them a lot on the used market. They seem to work alright for CX applications. I know they are a good 'training' wheel. Anyway, deep thoughts with Jack Handy?

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.