Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

This weekend I am going to Big Bear, my first time to an actual full-on mountain bike park. I've never been on a lift, so this should be cool. I've been mountain biking for about 5years, but after discovering that I love the fast downhill part of mountain biking instead of the climbing, I decided it was time to sell my Klein Adept Pro and go with something beefier - the Bullit. I built it up with more xc components - Z1 FR with standard dropouts, Crossmax's and Verticle Pros 2.3 but I was going over the bars alot and the bike felt loose. After reading these forums that the bullit really shouldn't be ridden with 5" up front I just made some big purchases - a Boxxer Race and Azonic Outlaws - and I am going to ditch my Z1 FR and crossmax SL's with 2.3 Continental Verticle Pros. I should be getting these in the next few days, put the stuff on and up to Big Bear. I am excited about how my Bullit is going to ride with 7" up front and in the back. I really hope it will feel more like what the reviews are saying instead of the uneasy loose feel I had when it set up at 5" up front, 7" in the back Oh, and I also bought Maxxis Mobster 2.7's for the front and Mobster 2.5 in the back (on sale for $29 each at bicyclewarehouse.com). I don't think the bike will gain much weight, especially since the Boxxer probably weighs the same as the Z1 FR, but we'll see.

Anyways, I am excited, got my body armor, gonna rent a full faced helmet, and try my hardest to beat the sh!t out of my Bullit!

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
hey that’s cool. one thing though. if you haven’t bought the boxxer race already you might want to consider something different. I would save up a little bit more and get a team or Sherman slider +.

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already bought the Race :( Perhaps I can do the black box thing and make it perform as well as a Team? It comes with the Romic crown - which reminds me, I need to find a place that sells the Romic stem.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
bullit71 said:
I've already bought the Race :( Perhaps I can do the black box thing and make it perform as well as a Team? It comes with the Romic crown - which reminds me, I need to find a place that sells the Romic stem.
yeah try it and see if you like it. your fork spiking in the middle of a big rock garden is no fun.

·
Registered
498 Posts
you should get one of those manitou stance kingpin forks. tpc+ damping, and only like 450 msrp. same thing as slider + but the tpc+ internals.

oh yeah. since its your first time dhing you might no go fast enough in the really rough sections to feel any spike. so boxxer should be fine. im not even sure if they do really spike but most people say though do some im guessing it probly will when you get better and start goin alot faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.