Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build this bike from the frame up; it was my old 99’ stumpjumper. Had some of the parts around. Go most of the drive train off my boss. The rest I picked up at the use bike parts shop.
99 stumpjumper
Answer black super 120 forks
Fox vanilla R coil over shock
Spec. Strong-arm cranks (sadly enough the bike probably came with these originally)
Azonic 90mm stem
Kona stock bar
Lizardskins lock-on grips
Avid single digit brake levers
Shimano mechanical disk in front
LX shifter, rear brakes, and rear hub
Spec. Stout front hub.
Mavic rims 223
XTR e-type front derailed.
I think the seat was off a big hit.
Built it up and gave it to my bro. For his birthday to replace his 98 Hardrock

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sadly the black is fixed at 120

it has a lock out for climbing but the front will wander a bit, but we don't do too much techie climbing, mostly ups and downs. on the down hills that fork make the bike handle so much better, just rolls over stuff.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
edmoloco said:
it has a lock out for climbing but the front will wander a bit, but we don't do too much techie climbing, mostly ups and downs. on the down hills that fork make the bike handle so much better, just rolls over stuff.
I don't think that the front will wander to much. I climbed quite a bit with mine in full travel mode, and while it slackened the head angle, only on the steepest climbs did I have any trouble with movement or the front wheel wanting to come off the ground. On extended climbs if you have any trouble with pedal induced bobing try turning the rebound to the slowest setting, helps out quite a bit. Yeah the longer travel fork is the $h!t on downhills, I couldn't believe how much faster I was able to hit things than with the stocker. Rides like a dream. Here is a crappy pic of mine, and me looking like a chode:lol: .

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.