206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Cannondale Jekyll- only thing stock is the frame :thumbsup:

Specs:
Cannondale Jekyll Frame
Manitou Minute 2 fork
Magura Marta hydro's
Chris King Headset
Chris King Iso Disc Hubs (Front and rear)
ZTR 355 tubeless wheels. (awesome)
Continental Mountain king 2.2 rear, WTB prowler MX 2.3 front
Fox float RL w/ pro pedal
Salsa bits (skewers, headset cap, seat clamp)
Thomson seatpost
Specialized saddle
Santa Cruz Peaty grip
XTR rear
LX front
XTR shifters
Scram chain
Easton Monkey lite CF handle bars
Kore Elite stem

All in at 28.85 lbs :thumbsup:

This thing bombs....love it! Its so fast.

Pics

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hehe Yep. The super fast engagement is nice too. A couple more mod ideas. They've been discussed way too much on this forum already, but I figured it still won't hurt.

I like a short stem (50mm) and wide bars (> 700mm) for AM riding, and the adjustable seat post craze is actually valid. I bought two KS posts this past month, and they really ARE one of the best mods you can make to your bike :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the engagement is awesome! But eventhough it is a XL frame I really like the longer stem, I've got some long ass arms :lol and the bars are more narrow than the ones on my past bikes but I am just going to get used to them and if I think I could go smaller I will :)

But I will definately look into the KS! Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updates! And disclaimer....The pedals are on there because I commute to campus on this bike everyday and rocking clips and shoes isnt very practical...I need new flats...

I looked at that rear drivetrain pic and realized it needed to be cleaned

Updates
Blackspire Bashguard
Mowa stem caps (just a little bling ;) )
a solid clean!

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
I would never commute that to school, people cut right through u locks for $hitty bikes, what do you think they will do to yours? I'd buy a $200 bike for the commute to school. But the bike looks sick.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha I actually had a bike stolen one day but not this one!!

I use a steel U-lock and a kevlar cord just on the frame and I take the front wheel off and carry it in with me to class and it stays in my apartment 100% of the time during the night time hours and when I am not riding it to class

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.