Cable O-Rings: Dia Compe

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
I'm almost lost for words!
thats one of the cleanest looking builds I've seen in a while. very well done :D
totally infitting parts & all in pristine condition!

I know how difficult piecing such jobs together can be. you got any more restos under way? You're pretty good @ it :D

b.t.w, quality pic presentation b.t.w :)

ta

scant

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

The bike was raced in NORBA national events from '93-95 in the Junior class. I'm 25 now...and feel like it was ages ago!

About 1/3 of the parts are original. Had the Grafton cranks, and Ringle Cages. Wanted to reduce the bling factor a little bit when I restored it, so I went with the M910 group which I've always felt was the epitome of Shimano's MTB efforts. All the drivetrain is NOS. Amazingly, I recently bought the brakes and bottom bracket from a local shop!

In terms of the bike's condition, I always rode it hard, but took very good care of it. It's in amazing shape...but unfortunately too small for me now. So...my girlfriend will be riding it. Not too bad for her first mountain bike, huh?

Anyhow, here's some pics from the Mt. Snow race in 1994

Don't ask me what I was doing with my hands??!?!!?

After a lap or two...

Sorry about the undies...I didn't know any better!

Grafton cranks and brakes...

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
That is a beauty. Very well done. I'm in the process of restoring a '93 Buck Shaver. I'm envious! Your wife will enjoy it for many years.

If I remember correctly. Is'nt a 3" fork the longest you can put on that geometry? I searched for month's trying to find a 1" steertube fork for my project. Finally deciced to rebuild the '98 Zokes and have the lowers color matched to the frame. Still trying to find a Big One Inch to have sprayed as well.

It's great to see you kept a flatbar on it. I once ran across a guy with a 4" travel fork and riser bars on an early '90's Yo. Out of curiousity. I had to ride it. WOW, the razor sharp handling and awesome climbing was gone. I swore to never do that to my frame.

However, the owner liked it that way. Said it was "easier on his back". If it gets him out on the trail more and puts a smile on his face. It's all good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Endless Goods said:
Hey guys- only my 3rd post here so be gentle! Thought some of you might enjoy...

http://said.uc.edu/students/eastmace/mtb/buckshaver.html
Wow that beautifully done! Great taste and attention to detail. From the T-Disc to the Ringle Skewers, it's all good.

What are those long black housing things coming out of the cable housings up near the head tube?

Thanks for sharing the pics. She sure is beautiful !!! Makes me want to own one!

-mtnwing
www.carbonbicycles.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mojo Troll: I wouldn't run anything more recent than a '96 Judy SL with yellow legs. The geometry is designed to compensate for a susp. fork, but nothing taller than Manitou 3,4, Mag series, Judy to SL, and Zokes.

mtnwing: Those black "tubes" are integral to the XTR cable set, and seal the ferrule/cable junction. Seem to work as well as the Gore-Tex cable I used to run with Grip Shift, only the cable itself is teflon-coated with no inner sheath.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.