Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took of my stock Bonty Jones XR's for some trails up in auburn and I gotta say I was truly impressed and they are staying on! Not a lot of good feedback on these so I thought I should chime in. Not quite the same volume but they didn't seem to want to roll (sideways, whatever it is called) as much even at lower pressure. Traction rocked, I was off the seat on some loose STEEP climbs and I couldn't believe how well they bit. I did everything from pavement to silt to bowling ball size rocks and I'd have to say they outperformed the XR's everywhere - and they don't rub my chainstays.. Oddly they did rub when I dropped down to the lowest front gear but that is very rare. Anyway, thumbs up :thumbsup:

·
Welcome to the Gem...
811 Posts
these are the stock tires that came on my GT peace 9r. i haven't had any qualms yet. they really bite on anything you feed them.

i did pop the front tire... head on to a curb on the way home from the bar, but i would say that was the driver's fault, lol.

nice tire, for sure.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
My XXIX came with wire-beaded Exi's. They seemed to work well enough, but never one to let a set of tires on a new bike do their job long enough to wear out, (I wasn't really too excited about the Exi on the front in loose conditions anyway...) I put on a set of Resolution Pros. I like them a lot. But, after a few months, I slashed one of the Reso's on a rock and when I got home, popped the Exi on the back with the Resolution on the front. Seems to be a nice combo - the Exi rolls well and hooks up for climbing well. The Resolution has some larger knobs and makes for some good front grip in loose conditions. I may run this for a while...

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
came stock on my MonoCog. I like them. They have only let me down once which was really more of my fault. They washed out when I ran over some brush/wet leaves in a turn. That could be expected of almost any tire, though. They are damn grippy on everything else for me. I've even been thinking about getting new ones for my new bike I'll be finishing soon.

·
I am Walt
6,279 Posts
I run one on the back of my SS and like it. Doesn't pinch flat too often, and hooks up well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They are a good tyre, however they are heavy. 2.3 wire bead weighs around 800grams. They were stock on my GT Peace 9r. I now run Ignitors, would like to try Kenda, small Block 8's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Exi in reverse?

Anybody tried this with their Exiwolf in the rear? I tried it and it hooks up well going straight. However, I ride a lot of roots and it has a tendency to claw and pull on the back. High marks also on a 2.55 weirwolf on the front- Raleigh XXIX rigid. My .02 worth.

·
I am Walt
6,279 Posts
slannon said:
Anybody tried this with their Exiwolf in the rear? I tried it and it hooks up well going straight. However, I ride a lot of roots and it has a tendency to claw and pull on the back. High marks also on a 2.55 weirwolf on the front- Raleigh XXIX rigid. My .02 worth.
I run it reversed in the rear here in Arizona to help with traction on the dry, dusty stuff we have. Doesn't seem to be THAT much better than normal.

BTW, Ignitors pinch flat WAY too often, IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts