Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Epiphany just the way I want it. I got some blue Juicy ultimates and put blue goodridge hoses on them. I also ditched the FSA cranks and went some XTR,s. The last photo includes my girlfriends KHS and our ti Kona Hei Hei with a Ritchy carbon fork and generation 1 XTR groupo.

Attachments

·
The White Jeff W
5,707 Posts
How do you like the Crank Bros wheels? Do they take a beating or do you have to baby 'em a bit? Sexy bike that.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a relatively smooth xc rider who weighs 170 so I haven't pushed the cobalts near there limit. I have run them all season and the spokes are all still perfectly tight and the wheels have stayed perfectly true. They are way stiffer than they look and lighter than Crank Bros claims. I cant remember by how much but before I put them on my bike the first time I weighed them with quick releases and I think they were about 40 grams lighter than claimed.

·
The White Jeff W
5,707 Posts
I am a relatively 'smooth' xc rider who weighs '170'
I'm neither one of those things :lol: I'll be watching for the price to come down on those as I fell in love with 'em first time I saw 'em on the site. $1000 bucks a set is a little salty, tho. :eek:

·
MTB SOCAL
1,455 Posts
Beautiful bike. Those Cobalt wheels look sweet.

Judging from your last pic, your GF is pretty tall.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sweet looking steed!! Do you notice a difference in shifting and/or stiffness between the cranks?

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
geardoc said:
Wow, nice blue. I"m guessing that there isn't a lot of mud where this bike will be ridden.
There is a fair bit of mud here especially this year but I keep my bikes very clean.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jlar said:
Sweet looking steed!! Do you notice a difference in shifting and/or stiffness between the cranks?
Shifting is a little smother on the XTR's but I can tell no difference in the stiffness as both sets were realy stiff.

·
Registered
249 Posts
wow, super sick!! Very nice. Didnt know I could have the ultimates in blue... what size is she, mine is a large but you are somewhat lighter than my build... so I assume you are smaller than that. You will love the xtr cranks. Also, I have the aluminum rocker by request. I am heavier than you 185 or so as well. Anyway, the ultimates have served me well too. Enjoy. Indeed, that is a clean bike and I keep my bikes clean but they look dirty compared to those. Very nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts