Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a epic 03 with 04 brain its being built at my LBS got Lucky and got the frame for $650. That gave me the cash to build the bike the way i wanted to just waiting for my 05 fox fork 100x to come in. I will post a picture when its all done here are some of the parts that are on it. I have demoed the bike in the parking lot and it didn't have any of the parts below that are on my bike Iam pumped to give it a ride when its done. Did me research for over a 1yr was going to get a Intense 5.5 but got such a killer deal on the epic frame couldnt pass it up. I ive in So Cal and cant wait to hit the trails, all the great people on this website have help me put me bike of dreams into reality.

Epic Frame 04 brain
Fox 100x 05
Mavic Crossmax SL rims 717
Marta SL Brakes
Moots Laid back seat post
Moots stem
Chris King TI head set
LP Composite Handle Bars/ Bar ends
Sram X.O Rear Derailer
Sram X.O Twist Shifter
Sram 9.0 Front Derailer
SRAM PG 990 9-speed Cassette
SRAM PC-99 (9 speed)
Crank FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue
Bottom Bracket FSA Ultimax Xtreme ISIS Drive
Pedals Time ATAC XS Ti Carbon
Saddle WTB Rocket V
Tires Specialized Roll-X Pro 2.0, aramid bead, 120 tpi

Play Hard Ride Harder :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Bike

I saw ur bike the other day and told my girlfriend hey those are some of the same parts i have on my bike. How do u like the FSA cranks? Is the Moots seat a plus ride.

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
Not quite what I would choose but that is going to be a really sweet ride. The biggest problem you will have with that setup is getting off the bike. :D :D

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
B-RAY said:
I just got a epic 03 with 04 brain its being built at my LBS got Lucky and got the frame for $650. That gave me the cash to build the bike the way i wanted to just waiting for my 05 fox fork 100x to come in. I will post a picture when its all done here are some of the parts that are on it. I have demoed the bike in the parking lot and it didn't have any of the parts below that are on my bike Iam pumped to give it a ride when its done. Did me research for over a 1yr was going to get a Intense 5.5 but got such a killer deal on the epic frame couldnt pass it up. I ive in So Cal and cant wait to hit the trails, all the great people on this website have help me put me bike of dreams into reality.

Epic Frame 04 brain
Fox 100x 05
Mavic Crossmax SL rims 717
Marta SL Brakes
Moots Laid back seat post
Moots stem
Chris King TI head set
LP Composite Handle Bars/ Bar ends
Sram X.O Rear Derailer
Sram X.O Twist Shifter
Sram 9.0 Front Derailer
SRAM PG 990 9-speed Cassette
SRAM PC-99 (9 speed)
Crank FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue
Bottom Bracket FSA Ultimax Xtreme ISIS Drive
Pedals Time ATAC XS Ti Carbon
Saddle WTB Rocket V
Tires Specialized Roll-X Pro 2.0, aramid bead, 120 tpi

Play Hard Ride Harder :D
Very nice build. By the way, what bike shop did you get the frame from? Do they have any more? I live near you and I have an 03 now, but would like the 04 brain.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
B-RAY said:
I got my frame from Competitive Edge in Upland they have a red Lg fram with 04 brain left.
Yep, thats where I bought my Epic last year. I'll have to talk to Mark over there (I went to high school with him). Maybe he can get an XL, or maybe he has one at his RC store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.