Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Larry sent me a few photos of my Commandante to hold me over while we wait for Industry Nine to build my Green wheels.

The colour is White with a translucent green clearcoat. I have the same clearcoat on my Salty, but it's nearly impossible to make out in photos....er, I mean photos that "I" take.

Attachments

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
Nice job by Larry of using all that snow for a higher purpose! The bike looks great. I purchased a white frame for a singlespeed this past summer, and while I wasn't initially that jazzed by the color, I have to admit it has really grown on me. Picked up a little treat for it this weekend, a used F100X (silver). Can't wait to see how it looks on the bike. Of course I hope it performs as well, but we all know looks are important!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure if it looks that good in the photo...

....it's probably on the verge of mindblowing in person.

Can I ride this thing after Labor Day?

LoneStar said:
Nice job by Larry of using all that snow for a higher purpose! The bike looks great. I purchased a white frame for a singlespeed this past summer, and while I wasn't initially that jazzed by the color, I have to admit it has really grown on me. Picked up a little treat for it this weekend, a used F100X (silver). Can't wait to see how it looks on the bike. Of course I hope it performs as well, but we all know looks are important!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments, guys...

Not a bad birthday present, huh? :D

I suppose a build list is in order.

Industry Nines: Green hubs and Spokes; Black 07 Stans Rims
QRs: Hope (Black)
Cranks: White Industries -- polished with Green Chain Ring
BB: Phil Wood
Headset: Green King
Fork: Pace
Bar : Syntace Carbon
Stem: Syntace
Saddle: WTB Devo
Seatpost: Syntace carbon
Brakes: 07 Hope mini -- black and silver.
Tires: Rampages
Cog: 18 tooth "whatever larry decides"

Am I missing anything other than pedals? (I prefer you say "no," as this is getting quite expensive.:eek: )

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
wow! sweet ride....very nice build as well!

only bummer is that jerkoff squeaky has green I9s and I for one would not want to copy him but then again, he has them on a ghey frame so its all good

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Major Fashion Faux Pas...

... Donning I9s with a Turner is like accessorizing a Chanel dress with a Talbots handbag. The horror :eek:

FoShizzle said:
wow! sweet ride....very nice build as well!

only bummer is that jerkoff squeaky has green I9s and I for one would not want to copy him but then again, he has them on a ghey frame so its all good

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice....

....Are you still glad you went green on green? or do you find yourself tiring of the colour? I'm still toying with black hubs and Green spokes for that reason.

Maybe MoPiddle can chime in on this one.

Feel the Lobster Tempura

The Squeaky Wheel said:
Excuse me for interrupting your little tea party with FoNumbnutz.

But I have the original I-9 green wheels on my SS 29er.

·
Bodhisattva
10,876 Posts
el Turtlehead said:
....Are you still glad you went green on green? or do you find yourself tiring of the colour? I'm still toying with black hubs and Green spokes for that reason.

Feel the Lobster Tempura
I dig the green on green.

I'd like to feel that lobster tempura too

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
el Turtlehead said:
....it's probably on the verge of mindblowing in person.

Can I ride this thing after Labor Day?
Yeah, it looks even better in person :)

Larry

·
Registered
164 Posts
the photos don't do it justice...

el Turtlehead said:
....Larry sent me a few photos of my Commandante to hold me over while we wait for Industry Nine to build my Green wheels.

The colour is White with a translucent green clearcoat. I have the same clearcoat on my Salty, but it's nearly impossible to make out in photos....er, I mean photos that "I" take.
I saw your frame at Larry's shop a few days ago. As good as it looks in Larry's photos - that thing is twice as hot in person. The translucent clear coat is really pretty rad. Should look stellar with the green I9s.

Be sure to put up some photos when you get'er built.

·
Registered
774 Posts
With the green tinted clear coat...

the green I9s would absolutely pull that build together. The green in the frame is subtle enough that it would not be overpowering.

Squeaky,

That Eriksen is awesome. Some day I will have a custom ti SS hard tail built.

el Turtlehead said:

Feel the Lobster Tempura

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.