Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 291 Posts

·
Call me Andy.
63 Posts
sorry for the racist commett.....it just pisses me off that they can make such terrible quality bikes of such low quality and label them as iron horses. it makes people see iron horse bikes as such pieces of junk, and they arent. REAL iron horses are crazy
good.

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts
2007Quantum2 said:
sorry for the racist commett.....it just pisses me off that they can make such terrible quality bikes of such low quality and label them as iron horses. it makes people see iron horse bikes as such pieces of junk, and they arent. REAL iron horses are crazy
good.
Guy calm down... This thread isnt about your IH Quantum Dept. Store bike, it is about the OP's Dept. store Mongoose.

IH makes/made some great non Dept. Store bikes.

Mongoose makes some great non Dept. Store bikes.

The OP's bike is not one of them, yours can be debated in another thread.

·
Big Mac
4,981 Posts
Yeah, we can talk about how much Ironhorse sucks in another thread. And maybe we can talk about your racist tendencies as well. You do know that Ironhorsies are Asian made, right?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ktse said:
Why do you care what other people think of your bike? Well at least you're not riding a Specialized... bunch of profiteers, thieves, and baby killers! ;)
profiting is what businesses do. more profit = better company. if i owned a business, i would maximize my profits. Specialized makes among the greatest bikes out there, or else they wouldn't have the highest sales numbers in the industry.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
He removed his post , I believe that the point was well made . Thanks for standing up for the right thing .

·
Registered
259 Posts
mbmb65 said:
Yeah, we can talk about how much Ironhorse sucks in another thread. And maybe we can talk about your racist tendencies as well. You do know that Ironhorsies are Asian made, right?
along with 95+% of everything else in your house. if its holding up well, i'd say they're doing a damned good job.

·
Big Mac
4,981 Posts
My house was built in 1927. Do you think it was made in Asia? I always assumed it was made locally? I like to buy local when I can. And yes it's holding up very nicely.

·
Registered
259 Posts
mbmb65 said:
My house was built in 1927. Do you think it was made in Asia? I always assumed it was made locally? I like to buy local when I can. And yes it's holding up very nicely.
you have a house in your house that was made locally? i have a dollhouse in my house that was Asian made, and that thing is about 40 years old too, and its holding up very nicely also!

·
Pretty in Pink
628 Posts

Where there are dead animals, there are people hucking dead animals.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
ThePinkBarron said:

LOL , awesome . :thumbsup:

·
On wuss patrol
4,992 Posts
ThePinkBarron said:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Breathe through your mouth for awhile

·
Registered
201 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
lolz

a bunch of random mish-mashed together parts randomly on a heavy poorly designed MG frame + it weighs a ton. NICE!

how much do u weigh? i hope you're light as fuc k cuz those wheels aren't going to handle much of anything more than light flat XC and that fork sure ain't gunna do much either!

but anyway. go take a ride on ur bike, u just wasted mad money on it! lol
so what are you riding!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
My friend had the same mongoose that he bought for street riding a long time ago. We just got him into so serious riding. He too thought it was good rear end even though we laughed at him cause it only moved like an inch and a half. He just got a nice single pivot Cannondale and he almost crapped his pants riding his new bike. He explained his blackcomb as a hardtail piece of heavy ass metal and I quote. He retired it back to street riding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Lol...elitism at it's best. I am not trolling. I am just not going to blow a grand unnecessarily. My co workers iron horse stock weighs the same and rides similarly, but with less bounce. I aint cheap...I am a web developer for a major city, but I don't waste money. Now I will not be jumping this bike...just moderate to easy XC. I don't ride pre prepared trails made for biking...I don't really ride trails at all. I use it to access remote areas of the southwest desert...off trail. I have been using this bike for a month with zero problems. Now as far as the weight goes...if you can't ride a 38lb bike and make it go your just a weak *****...lol. My road bike is a singlespeed track bike and I take it up 5 to 10 mile hills regularly, so pushing that 24 speed around is easy. Now...my wife (who has a 97 Mongoose Hilltoper) will inherit this bike when my next project is completed.

I have a SE Stout 29er frame in 22 inch size. I am going to build it up into a front suspension bike. Hopefully the SE Stout frame meets with most of you guy's elite standards? I wouldn't want to post a pic of it and be derided for slumming.

41 - 60 of 291 Posts