Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
You have absolutely 100% correct. People tend to grow balls on the net and lose them as soon as they log off.
The internet dickwad theory:
Complete anonymity + normal person = total dickwad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
You have absolutely 100% correct. People tend to grow balls on the net and lose them as soon as they log off.
Not really what I was saying...I've been to OK,IN,and TN and rode with some great folks.All the people I rode with didn't stop and point out how much better they were than people on inferior bikes.They all stopped and helped when they could and always had some good advice even the people outside of my group.
Don't get discouraged by these chumps on here that talk crap,go ride and have fun.For the most part the MTB community is helpful.Respect the rules and be courteous and you will see that the few tools you run into on here are nobody.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hilltoprider said:
You know what is funny?You never here this kind of trash talk to a person out on the trail.Well unless there is 4 or 5 of them,and they are 15 years old.
The points on safety have been made,now you guys are just being tools.
but when the person here with the ebay special is touting his bike as "a great bike" i will laugh at him. if he said some of the things he's said in this thread, i will continue to laugh at him. if i saw a well upgraded mongoose blackcomb on the trails i may also laugh as i stroll along

·
Registered
65 Posts
louisssss said:
but when the person here with the ebay special is touting his bike as "a great bike" i will laugh at him. if he said some of the things he's said in this thread, i will continue to laugh at him. if i saw a well upgraded mongoose blackcomb on the trails i may also laugh as i stroll along
I can't argue that,how many times does it need said though?

·
Registered
65 Posts
louisssss said:
Kinda like people remodeling a trailer,or throwing money at a honda civic.I hear ya,it doesn't meet your level so it's trash.Wonder what the guys who ride better bikes than you say about yours?
I'm not saying I agree with this guy,but he's done did it and there has been enough dogging his ass about it.
You know back when I was rolling my cheap ass mongoose d-60 and my mt.fury I wouldn't of even heard you laughing....I was having too much fun.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hilltoprider said:
Kinda like people remodeling a trailer,or throwing money at a honda civic.I hear ya,it doesn't meet your level so it's trash.Wonder what the guys who ride better bikes than you say about yours?
I'm not saying I agree with this guy,but he's done did it and there has been enough dogging his ass about it.
You know back when I was rolling my cheap ass mongoose d-60 and my mt.fury I wouldn't of even heard you laughing....I was having too much fun.
i dunno what people that have nicer bikes say about my rockhopper. i've made numerous posts about it, and haven't gotten 1 negative comment.

+1, good posts. this OP is getting enough ****. but sometimes it needs to go a few more times to let him/them know some things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
louisssss said:
i dunno what people that have nicer bikes say about my rockhopper. i've made numerous posts about it, and haven't gotten 1 negative comment.

+1, good posts. this OP is getting enough ****. but sometimes it needs to go a few more times to let him/them know some things.
I can't think of anything bad to say about a rock hopper either.
It's hard to hear all of this when you don't know any better and you think you just built a good bike.
People on here are cruel to anyone not on a decent ride.It's really sad seeing as to how we need all the help we can get to keep our trails open and the sport growing.
Lol,do you think the growth in mountain biking is because of high end bikes or walfart giving us all a start?They have their place.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
he did receive the help. many people told him to get off his mongoose on the trails. he didn't listen and insisted otherwise. when people bump heads like that arguments happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To the people simply having a little fun here, well ok. To those set out to.....GOD DAMN IT! this post really upsets me, I use this forum for information and have gotten lots. This poor guy got railed and railed hard, for what? showing off something he was proud of! when confronted by the aforementioned "elitists" (and my, how they did fight hard!) he did what most human beings would, prickle up and defend them selves. weather or not he did so intelligently is another question. some one said this is not the third grade......well all of you "adults" really musta' had it tuff in grade school, cause you are certainly acting like children hiding behind long distance and anonymity.

·
Registered
527 Posts
blue109 said:
lol...you guys are dicks. hey ATL...just ride it. you will fall in love with the sport or you wont. if you dont, no big deal. ride around and have fun. if you do...you will be itching to waste all your hard earned money on bikes and parts like its heroin. if you catch the adiction you will most likely destroy that bike in short order, and you will be happy for the excuse to buy something new. your wife will be pissed. all day at work you will be zoning out thinking about riding. you will get fired and your wife will leave you. you will live in a box under a bridge with your dope ass bike. you will be very happy with your simplified life.

couldnt have said it better myself =] +1

281 - 291 of 291 Posts