Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About six months ago I was looking for a FR bike to replace my Santa Cruz VP-Free. Did a lot of research and found that the Turner Highline was everything I was looking for in a bike. Big and heavy duty and the ability to pedal when needed. So I called up Jerrit in customer service and ordered one directly. Could not have been happier, he spent a lot of time with me and made sure I was really getting what I wanted. After I got my frame I quickly ordered up some parts and began building my dream bike. This included a CCDB and new saint cranks among many other parts.

I was so happy with my bike I even created a log book for all my rides to document my setups and how the bike was feeling on a given trail. So far I only have 12 rides on this bike. Lots of smiles!

This is where things get a little disappointing; I was cleaning my bike today and getting ready for a ride this afternoon and noticed a crack forming near the BB and swing link. See attached photos.

So to make a long story short is there anything that can be done to fix this? Do they have any sort of upgrade program? Or am I up Sh!t creek without a paddle? I’m running low on bike budget and hope I don’t need to dish out any more money to fix something like this.

I really hope Turner Bikes can help me on this!

Thanks for any advice

Attachments

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Why do people insist on posting all over the boards and whining before they have even communicated with the guys at Turner. I understand people doing it after they speak to a company and feel that they haven't been taken care of but not before. I am yet to hear about anyone getting the short end of the stick from Turner - OP instead of posting here you could have picked up the phone and got an answer before telling us about your lovely log book......

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yur focked

dude, you no dam well Turner is nown for pore suport. i am shur u hav contakd G and he told u 2 pownd sand. bumr, if u wood tel the sweing cirkl yur siz they mite hav looked on the rak at Turner Bikes to cee if ther was a front tri hangn 2 send out kwik

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wilks said:
Why do people insist on posting all over the boards and whining before they have even communicated with the guys at Turner. I understand people doing it after they speak to a company and feel that they haven't been taken care of but not before. I am yet to hear about anyone getting the short end of the stick from Turner - OP instead of posting here you could have picked up the phone and got an answer before telling us about your lovely log book......
Left a message with their warranty department earlier today. Currently waiting for a call back; figured posting this might help settle my mind while I wait.

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Yup, yer focked. Turner only warranties a frame IF you call them first. Oh well.:cryin:
DT, it hurt my head to try and read you post! :yikes:

·
Banned
17 Posts
Captain Snakebite said:
Left a message with their warranty department earlier today. Currently waiting for a call back; figured posting this might help settle my mind while I wait.
Some people are so fragile and impatient.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
hurts me too

I have no idea how the Billy De Beck, the Old Coot and Corn Nuts can write bettrn dat and not get a headache.

Greg is running around SoCal getting last minute stuff for the show. He has not been at his desk much this week with all the stuff going on.

Ride the bike, have fun, sweat lots, if it gets worse stop riding the bike, by all means do not do a huge drop and finish it off, that makes it harder to fix. I cannot remember ever seeing a Highline BB come loose like that, but it's totally fixable.

DT

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Hey Snake, so give us the low down. Post some pics of you hitting it big. 12 rides and a crack like that would indicate a manf. defect, unless you are doing bender sized drops to flat over and over. The Highline can take a serious beating. Mine has been beat like a disobedient polygamous wife for 2 years now with only a couple of broken pivot bolts to show for it. And that is at 220 lbs!

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
turnerbikes said:
I have no idea how the Billy De Beck, the Old Coot and Corn Nuts can write bettrn dat and not get a headache.

Greg is running around SoCal getting last minute stuff for the show. He has not been at his desk much this week with all the stuff going on.

Ride the bike, have fun, sweat lots, if it gets worse stop riding the bike, by all means do not do a huge drop and finish it off, that makes it harder to fix. I cannot remember ever seeing a Highline BB come loose like that, but it's totally fixable.

DT
Thanks DT for the update. Yeah to be honest I am a little shocked to see this as well. I only use this bike for Noble Canyon, Anderson TT (not hitting any drops there) and La Costa. I am a rather large guy @ 220lbs but very rareley leave the ground. it will help me sleep at night knowing this is fixable :D

Side note - Sence this is a rare area to get a crack, do you think it can be the powercoat cracking?

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
El Chingon said:
Hey Snake, so give us the low down. Post some pics of you hitting it big. 12 rides and a crack like that would indicate a manf. defect, unless you are doing bender sized drops to flat over and over. The Highline can take a serious beating. Mine has been beat like a disobedient polygamous wife for 2 years now with only a couple of broken pivot bolts to show for it. And that is at 220 lbs!
This is about as big as it gets... 15 foot step up's and some rock gardens.

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,677 Posts
turnerbikes said:
dude, you no dam well Turner is nown for pore suport. i am shur u hav contakd G and he told u 2 pownd sand. bumr, if u wood tel the sweing cirkl yur siz they mite hav looked on the rak at Turner Bikes to cee if ther was a front tri hangn 2 send out kwik
Best post ever.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Captain Snakebite said:
This is about as big as it gets... 15 foot step up's and some rock gardens.
Interesting. It must have just been a bad weld. Turner will take good care of you. I've seen Highlines taking a serious beating month after month, with little or no consequence. Here's a couple of Highlights from the past....Couple of Naked1 and a couple of me.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
204 Posts
Naked1 " There is a crack on my seat stay"
Greg " Is it polished?"
Naked1 "Yes." ........
Greg "I have one being shipped out to you today"

That was my last call in to Turner. CS at its best. Thanks again.

Good times on the Highline!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
:-(

I miss the Highline... Had so much fun on those, they really were great with a long fork, ready for the lift park. Never had any interest in climbing with it, but damn, hats off to those who do.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Puff the Magic Dragon

.Sigurd. said:
Some people are so fragile and impatient.
Checks profile...

Did you recently move from SF to ABQ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts