Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all 1st post woot :thumbsup: (this probably means iv posted this pics in the wrong place or something else noobish lol)

These are the before and after pics of my bike...

As you can see i bought a 270 dollar 24' bmx mountian bike wannabe with flaky red paint :madman:

Then i took it apart and gave it a slightly better paint job

After far to many encounters with people and trees, i prevented anymore collisons with a brake...wowzer :D and went park for a bit!

As of today I got rid of the tardish tan leather seat and have done a few other pieces....

i am now wating for my dmr v8 pedals and gusset crank set and chainwheel to come on friday.... :)

comments much!!

cheers

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. I want to get some of the Dmr V12's so i can pimp them out with there kit thing. Also how did you paint it so well, my friend is interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers guys for the comms

well the way i painted it was a sorta simple process lol

sandblast...clean...primer...leave for 48 hours...first coat of blue car spray paint...leave 24 hours...2nd coat...leave 24 hours...then apply lacquer to make it shiiiine :thumbsup:..which i also had to leave for 24 hours lol (the whole process nearly took me a week but it was worth it...although i do plan on scrapping that colour and going black frame, white forks and handlebars :D

The frame is a K2 frame from the U.S of A, dunno much about it to be honest never heard of the company over here in the U.K...its a nice light one though

The tan leather seat the workshop near me still has but as i spent nearly $500 dollars in parts with them this week im sure they will give me it back :rolleyes:

Will update when i can...be nice to scrap the oddessey pedals primo crank and specialized 42 tooth chainwheel...may sound like good parts but believe me...to ride its a BIG :nono:

BRING ON GUSSET PIGMY CRANK, 32 TOOTH CHAINWHEEL AND DMR V8 PEDALS TOMMOROW....I just hope they arent delayed :(

cheers

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the tips, my friend may paint his bike how you did it. So your bike is all custom, or did you buy it complete in the red picture? That' going to look awesome!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Robscomputer that is exactly how i feel, i love it. I don't know why but i like looking at it like more then a lot of other bikes. I'm trying to figure out what kind of complete he got though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey...i was complete in the red pic but it wasnt working that well....its was like the parts were together but not properly

im glad you all like the bike....hopefully you still will when i have it all done and resprayed again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey dude

I dont remember from where, but I read somewhere that DMR pedals arent so good because of the bearing. I would rather reccomend Shimano DX or Woodman pedals
The rest is cool...I like the red better than the blue...but thats your chioce right?

Good luck

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.