Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally finished my project,

23.5lbs with tubes, need to tubeless the wheels, and have a 2011 pbr damper unit coming to replace the coil unit in the lefty, which should drop more weight

custom di2 shifter from Newbury Bike Park in California

tried to run the front mech on the yeti but couldnt get it to work

spec is

Cannondale Hollowgram SL Cranks, 32t e.13 Chainring and e.13 XCX-ST Chainguide
Carbon Lefty with Project 321 Steerer
Tune Hubs, DT XCR330 Carbon Rims and Sapim CX-Ray Spokes
Tune Headset and Seat Clamp
Edge Composites Seatposta and Bars
Syntace Stem
Hope Tech X2 Brakes
SRAM XX 11-32 Cassette
Di2 Rear Mech and Cabling with Custom Shifter
2011 Racing Ralphs
Superstar Mag Ti Pedals

·
Registered
526 Posts
John Kuhl said:
Very nice, +1 on the ride report. Also
how well does the RD work with that size
cassette?

Best, John
A short cage derailleur can work with a 11-36 cassette as long as it's 1x9 or 1x10. It wouldn't work if he had a double or triple up front because there would be too much chain growth for the short cage to handle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
however a road mech can only work with a 32t if you switch to a 10t upper jockey wheel, due to the movement of the parallelogram being different on road mech to short cage mtb mechs

it works perfect, shifting is so fast

·
Member of The Yeti Tribe
704 Posts
Our Shimano Rep did the same thing a year or so ago.. it was totally rad at all.. until he snapped the $800 derailleur.. Even at bike shop cost, its still way to much $$$ for me.

Once the Electric Ultegra comes out at the $1500 for the whole kit, then it may be a possibility for more people. I have always though a Di2 gearbox bike would be awesome.. that way I wouldnt worry so much about smashing $800 derailleurs on rocks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.