Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 4 month old Anodized silver heckler and the decals on the downtube are starting to disappear, like they were peeling off little by little. I've seen ano frames do this, but after four months!?!? How were these decals applied anyway? It is definitely poor work IMHO.

Questions: Is this a warrantied thing?
Can I get a set of stickers instead? Any of you Scruzers experience the same thing?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Too bad for you Bro...

I had the same experience with my Black Ano Heckler before and SC said they are improving it...I'm not just sure about that... :(

But one thing for sure is that I miss my old Heckler and wondering whether I get an Ano again or better yet a powdercoat instead... :(

·
I meant to do that
133 Posts
cobym2 said:
I got a 4 month old Anodized silver heckler and the decals on the downtube are starting to disappear, like they were peeling off little by little. I've seen ano frames do this, but after four months!?!? How were these decals applied anyway? It is definitely poor work IMHO.

Questions: Is this a warrantied thing?
Can I get a set of stickers instead? Any of you Scruzers experience the same thing?
On my Ano Superlight, I don't have decals. I think the graphics are laser etched, or the anodization is removed somehow to create the words "Santa Cruz" and "Superlight", as in peeling off a pre-ano decal afterwards.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Don't be a corporate tool. Peel those stickers off.

The real question is why don't they use the same stickers that Marzocchi uses to warn you about proper use...? those stickers are almost impossible to get off.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
MTBKauai said:
Don't be a corporate tool. Peel those stickers off.

The real question is why don't they use the same stickers that Marzocchi uses to warn you about proper use...? those stickers are almost impossible to get off.
The problem is not about the sticker/decals but it's about the laser etching on an Anodized finished:nono:

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be dropping santa cruz a line to inquire

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Santa Cruz is sending me a replacement decal set by mail with application instructions. Ha! I'll see if it works out. Kudos to SC for the great quick customer service.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Let's us if it will really work since the Ano finish has a little rough surface compare to powdercoat. salamat po ;)

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i knew it was you pmtbiker bullitcn! :) :) :)

The decals on anodized was my concern with SC cust. serv. exactly. Thats why I really emphasized that mine was an anodized frame. But who am I to refuse good customer service.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OMG My bike isn't cool if you can't see the stickers. Pleaaaaaaazzzzzzzzz!

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brulew said:
OMG My bike isn't cool if you can't see the stickers. Pleaaaaaaazzzzzzzzz!
Haha! Dude. I'd rather have no stickers or decals than the ".;Anta Cr.:" gibberish on my downtube. I'm thinking of peeling it all off. Peeling decals are inexcusable (esp. since its a four month old frame). But if you can get decals for free, hey... would'nt you? It would also help if I decide to sell the frame later.
Peace.

·
Registered
100 Posts
cobym2 said:
Haha! Dude. I'd rather have no stickers or decals than the ".;Anta Cr.:" gibberish on my downtube. I'm thinking of peeling it all off. Peeling decals are inexcusable (esp. since its a four month old frame). But if you can get decals for free, hey... would'nt you? It would also help if I decide to sell the frame later.
Peace.
J/K I was just bustin' balls.But seriously the stickers that they put on there are of the cheapish variety. I peeled mine off (brand new frame) i figured might as well do it now before they just look like crap. I kinda like it without,gives it a nice clean look.

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
coincidentally..

my cousins silver ano has got the same problem.

his sticker set is also the old graphics vs. the newer style on mine.

strangely he got his after i did.

in any case the newer graphics are a little snazzier.

could it be Philippine acid rain causing it?!! :eekster:

quesion cobym is yours a large? mine's a medium and i dont have that big gusset plate thats large enough for a logo on the top tube down tube head tube intersection.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
cherrybomber said:
my cousins silver ano has got the same problem.

quesion cobym is yours a large? mine's a medium and i dont have that big gusset plate thats large enough for a logo on the top tube down tube head tube intersection.
both your bike and Cobym2 are all medium size but yours is a 2006 version with smaller gusset on the top/bottom tube plus a small dimple below the top tube (close to the upper shock mount) to give more clearance for a DHX air...

peeling off decals was common among Hecklers with anodized finished...a friend had the same problem on his anodized black frame...according to SC last year, they are working how to improve it...:rolleyes: hope they can:)

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
What do you expect? They are cheap as hell. Fixing it means doing it like everyone else(the right way) and charging even more. Just be happy the frame was welded together the correct way. Or was it....??????

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
Bullit_cn said:
both your bike and Cobym2 are all medium size but yours is a 2006 version with smaller gusset on the top/bottom tube plus a small dimple below the top tube (close to the upper shock mount) to give more clearance for a DHX air...

peeling off decals was common among Hecklers with anodized finished...a friend had the same problem on his anodized black frame...according to SC last year, they are working how to improve it...:rolleyes: hope they can:)
strangely enough i DONT have the infamous dimple. i think it could be for large frames only.. or possibly small.

coby! send it to rustans and have the logo engraved! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts