Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive waited for a long time for this bike, i first ordered a frame. i tested a large old anthem, and thought its a bit big. So i ordered a medium. then one day i managed to get a test ride on a large X 1. the size was just about perfect. a medium would have been way too small. so when i wanted to try and change my order to a large frame they said i will have to wait till april for one. so i just ordered a complete X 2 and stripped it down, used only the frame, headset, fork and tyres from the bike. and added the rest.

here is the full spec:

FRAME: Giant Anthem X-2 2009 Large
FORK: Fox F100 RL 2009
WHEELS: DT Swiss 240 hubs w/ 4.1d rims
TYRES: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo
TUBES: No Name light weight
RIMTAPE: Specialized
SKEWERS: KCNC
REAR MECH: SRAM X-0 2008 Medium TUNED
FRONT MECH: SRAM X-9 TUNED
CRANKS: Raceface Deus w/ BB
PEDALS: Time Atac XS
CASSETTE: SRAM PG-990 11-32t
CHAIN: SRAM PC-971
STEM: Thomson Elite X4 90mm TUNED
SEATPOST: Thomson Elite 30.9
SADDLE: Fi:zi'k Gobi XM
BARS: KCNC SC Bones riser
SEATCLAMP: KCNC Road Pro
HEADSET: FSA w/ Carbon Spacers
BRAKES: Avid Juicy Ultimate TUNED
ROTORS: Avid G2CS
SHIFTERS: SRAM X-9 w/ Matchmakers
GRIPS: ODI Rogue Lock-on
CABLES: Jagwire stainless
BOTTLE CAGE: Topeak Shuttle alloy
MISC: Garmin Edge 205

Weight: 11.5kg

and some pictures:

more pictures here

took it for its first ride today. was quite different from my steel hardtail, but a good different. firstly i think i had a bit too little air in the rear shock, it was soft, probably not too soft, but a bit too much, so for next ride i will try it with a bit more.

the Racing ralph tyres are super fast, quite predictable grip, but maybe a bit too small on the front. will maybe try some of my kenda karma/cortez tyres.

the X9 front mech is good looking, reasonable weight, but just dont seem to work as good as the other sram front mechs. i might even be tempted to give a shimano a try.

other than that the bike feels great. its quite long, so it climbs a bit better than my hardtail. you can however feel the length when going round tight corners. but im sure i will get used to it.

will report back after a few rides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.