Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first bike in 14 years. So I went with a custom 29er, after I rode his demo 29er. Its a local bike builder Norway Cycles. Tom Teesdale actually does the build. Its a 18" medium frame. its still currently in the build process, but i just got some pics so I thought I would post. I will post more pics as the bike progresses. It's being built out of ox plat.

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Man. If those jigs could talk the stories they would tell. You can't go wrong with Teesdale. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I headed out to Iowa yesterday and picked up my frame from Tom. So today I just had to put her together. The bike weighed in at 25.7 lbs minus pedals. Not to bad for a Steel hardtail. When I upgrade the wheels and brakes I should shed a few more lbs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the 2012 version, I shed 3 lbs off, as it sits in picture 23.6lbs with pedals. Not bad for a Steel frame 29er

This years upgrades:

Specialized Phenom 143 seat
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
Raceface Carbon SL 3/4 riser bar
Stans Crest Wheels
Hope Race x2 brakes
White Brothers Loop 29er

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice!!

Good upgrade, that Loop fork. I tested one and it impressed me with its plushness. Can you allready say something about the durability of that fork? If that's OK, they would be a real threat to Fox and RS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!!

Good upgrade, that Loop fork. I tested one and it impressed me with its plushness. Can you allready say something about the durability of that fork? If that's OK, they would be a real threat to Fox and RS.
I just installed last night so I cannot comment on its durability, but I had a WB magic before this, and I was extremely happy with so this should only be better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.