Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
these are trails built by mtn bikers for mtn bikes. They are designed for fun. The whoop-de-dos at FATS are just perfect. There are several sections that making catching air so effortless and natural.

If you like FATS you will probably also like the Scott Kerr Dam trails near Wilkesboro, NC. OVT is particularly well built. Not as many rollers, but the bermed turns are outstanding.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Maida7 said:
If you like FATS you will probably also like the Scott Kerr Dam trails near Wilkesboro, NC. OVT is particularly well built. Not as many rollers, but the bermed turns are outstanding.
I couldn't ever find the Scott Kerr trails. Now if there were Miranda Kerr trails, I'd ride those all the time. Talk about flowy curves!

Kerr Scott trails are pretty fun tho'.

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maida7 said:
these are trails built by mtn bikers for mtn bikes. They are designed for fun. The whoop-de-dos at FATS are just perfect. There are several sections that making catching air so effortless and natural.
Another skill you can work on there is cornering without your brakes. Definitely a great place to focus on your steering, etc instead of hanging on for dear life Pisgah-style.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
No brakes! Four finger wrap!

(what i was gasping out behind kk as we chased the rabbits in front of us)

Sumter Metric Sat, 30 miles at FATS Sunday equals one hell of a dude's mtb weekend. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Mike Brown said:
No brakes! Four finger wrap!

(what i was gasping out behind kk as we chased the rabbits in front of us)

Sumter Metric Sat, 30 miles at FATS Sunday equals one hell of a dude's mtb weekend. Highly recommended.
You were in the group with Ben P? I was working in that group of drain cleaners and Ben stopped and said hello to me on the Skinny, just after a log crossing and before the powerlines. Would have like to have met you that day and the OP as well. Another time.

Glad you liked it down here. LCHT should be next on your list and it is an hour closer to you. Ben should know that trail well as he used to live in Gwood, I think. One other pretty good ride we have down here is called The Christmas Party Ride. You start on Keg Creek Trail and ride over to Mistletoe State Park and then finish back on Keg. Almost 26 miles of old school primitive style. If that isn't enough, there is about 25 miles of single across the street the other way from Keg Creek (Bartram Trail.)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I'm looking at heading down to ride FATS next weekend. I've been doing some research on the trails, getting maps, etc. I can't find anywhere that says the trails are one-way only. I'm trying to figure out what is the preferred way to ride each trail? Clockwise or CCW? I want to make the most out of my maiden voyage there, and don't want to ride a loop only to find out I should have ridden it the other way.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
wi1trackrider said:
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I'm looking at heading down to ride FATS next weekend. I've been doing some research on the trails, getting maps, etc. I can't find anywhere that says the trails are one-way only. I'm trying to figure out what is the preferred way to ride each trail? Clockwise or CCW? I want to make the most out of my maiden voyage there, and don't want to ride a loop only to find out I should have ridden it the other way.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
CCW for best effect on all loops in my opinion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.