ODI Rouge Lock On Grip
Chris King 1/1-8" Nothread Headset Pewter

Estimated Weight: 11-12kg

Comments are welcome...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this is my first full sus bike as previously i'm using hardtail all the time...i did once try on my friend titus racerx but seems like very stiff....can't feel the shock was absord...well i guess is the setting itself...before i own this bike i always think that climbing with full sus is more hard compare to hardtail....but after i own it...is totally different.....the climbing was good...the descent is good as well...very responsive...easy control....even on steep climb i still manage to climb up...well just love this ride so far...so far can't find any flaw in this bike...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bike with some upgrade...

White goodridge shifting cables...

E13 DRS with dual ring 32-22 setup....

KCNC jockey wheels...

Future upgrade...
Saddle...any good suggestion...prefer comfy type...
Tubeless tyre conversion 2.35 front and rear maxxis / kenda??

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Size is a personal preference. I'm always between L and XL. I'm 6'1" with a 34 inseam and long arms. A smaller frame will work better in tight switchbacks. A larger frame will be more comfortable on longer rides. That's how I've always viewed it.

I have a XL Meta 6 and really like the longer top tube, more room in the cockpit on long climbs (15 minute+ sections of some rides).

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi! nice bike you have ;)

I'm thinking of getting one , but the older model - 2007 Meta 5 frame in size S (the only one left) and I have a question.

Would S size be good for 175cm ( 5"9') tall guy? I ride trail , allmountain with some jumps. I also like racing 4x with my friends. I would use it with Thomson setback 410mm post and 70mm stem with wide flatbar.

I'm just worried that top tube can be too short- present I ride a bike with 580mm top tube horizontal. Can you please measure yor TT horizontal for me?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wiewior said:
hi! nice bike you have ;)

I'm thinking of getting one , but the older model - 2007 Meta 5 frame in size S (the only one left) and I have a question.

Would S size be good for 175cm ( 5"9') tall guy? I ride trail , allmountain with some jumps. I also like racing 4x with my friends. I would use it with Thomson setback 410mm post and 70mm stem with wide flatbar.

I'm just worried that top tube can be too short- present I ride a bike with 580mm top tube horizontal. Can you please measure yor TT horizontal for me?
for the geometry of the bike you can try to check out here...
http://www.commencal.co.uk/bicycles/geometry/meta5_09.pdf
but somehow i don't think the size 'S' would fit u as the top tube is kinna short for u if not wrong meta 5 'S' is about 540++ i guess 'M' size would be better for you....just my advice...

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
My friend rides a S Meta 5 and she is 5'4". She feels good on the bike, so I'd say you wouldn't fit. Go for the Medium.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.