Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this bike. Upgrades are in the works. They include: Black Velocity VXC rims, XT rear hub, Mountain King 2.2 rear tire/stock Prowler SL 2.1 in front, and going tubeless. Probably going to go carbon with the handlebars and seat post but only after I get the new Truvativ 3.3 OCT crankset. I'll post new pics after the upgrades are done. BTW, I have SPD pedals not those crappy ones in the pic.f29

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love the blue flames! That's the direction I want to go. My LBS said the 08 is no longer available and there is only 1 09 large in stock (from cannondale) until January. Now I can't get it until February or March but does that sound right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my bike back after upgrading the rims to the Velocity VXC rims, XT hub, and going tubeless. Haven't been out to the trails yet, hopely tomorrow, but bike dropped almost 2lbs. If I could afford a better rear hub, like a Chris King, probably would have been a little more than 2lbs. Was 29lbs and dunno how many ounces and now its 27lbs 9oz. Heres some updated pics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just making an update on 2 more upgrades to my F29. Got new Sram Elixir R breaks and a Sram Stylo 3.3 crank.

Just one more upgrade to go and my bike will be done. Never liked my X5 shifters bc lack of feel when shifting so I'm gonna get the X7 shifters when they are off back order.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I got my X7 shifters installed and they feel great compared to the X5s. There was like a $50 difference between the X7 and X9 shifters. Just went with the X7 bc they give me the feel I was looking for. All upgrades complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.