Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been commuting with my bike for awhile now and my butt is still getting sore. Should I get a pair of shorts with the pad or should I find a nice comfy seat?

My seat is a WTB Pure V Sport.

·
Hey! Watch This!
75 Posts
Get the shorts first. That should fix it. If not, then get the seat.

Since you are commuting, get the lycra/spandex whatever shorts with the pad. This will allow you to wear whatever you want (if anything) over them to go places. I have pearl izumi shorts and I could not ask for better, they were absolutely worth the money.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lakerat_sr11 said:
Get the shorts first. That should fix it. If not, then get the seat.

Since you are commuting, get the lycra/spandex whatever shorts with the pad. This will allow you to wear whatever you want (if anything) over them to go places. I have pearl izumi shorts and I could not ask for better, they were absolutely worth the money.
OK thanks!:thumbsup: I was looking at some Pearl Izumi shorts and some fox shorts. I like my Pearl Izumi shoes.

I want to ride more, but man that area gets tender!!:eekster:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Try to find a seat that fits your butt better. The most comfortable seat is almost never the one with the most padding. Are you a skinny guy? If so I believe you'll find a thinner more compact saddle to be more comfortable. Just go to a shop and sit on and ride as many as possible. Most people are able to find a saddle in the Selle Italia SLR range that's really comfortable for them. Those are really well designed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr. Blonde said:
Try to find a seat that fits your butt better. The most comfortable seat is almost never the one with the most padding. Are you a skinny guy?
No, not skinny, sort of a fat guy. 5'-8" and 220#. I'm working on it now though, thus the biking! I like biking, loosing some weight will just be a plus.

When I don't hurt the seat feels really nice. Much better than the one on my Trek. I really want to ride everyday. Right now I can manage every other day and pedal through the pain.

Thanks guys!

·
I plead the fizif
140 Posts
How long have you been at it? When I first got back into biking my butt was sore for a few days and I was convinced I needed a new seat. I ordered one online and by the time it arrived I was used to the Bontrager Sport seat that came on my bike and I never put the new one on,

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
WTB saddles seem to be a love em or hate em thing, and most seem to hate em, I do...

Go get your butt measured (width between sit bones Specialized)...

Then try an Specialized Avatar, that is the correct width.

For some reason, if you hate a WTB you will probably like a Specilized...

No idea why.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shorts help. Still haven't gotten used to the feeling of the padding when walking around though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.