Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay to start this off my brother used to show up every weekend for rides and sometimes drag me out of bed for night rides. recently he began to no show or be late for group rides:skep: . The reason for this is that he has met a girl whom he has fallen head over heals for. I cant say I blame him she really pretty.:thumbsup:

So I call him one day and tell him I found a great deal on a bike for his new lady.
and he proceeds to tell me that he sold his mountain bike and bought a road bike so he could ride with her :madman: . This was a man that used to make fun of roadies. I even tried to explain to him that it had to be bad karma or something to sell a mountain bike to replace a road bike.

What do you guys/girls think. Will he come crawling back to the trailhead or has he just lost his mind.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think he will return. Whenever my riding buddy has a girlfriend he is MIA, he doesn't sell his bike but he doesn't ride it either. Either that or he will decide he LOVES road riding and you will never see him again. My experience though is that usually they come back.

·
ride like you stole it
680 Posts
Does his girl road ride? Cause if she does I would bet he starts to like road riding, and will want to keep doing it but will eventually realize that it wont satisfy his needs for mtb pleasure.

·
Registered
890 Posts
He seems to be the kind that easily gets pu$$y-whipped. So, you have to wait for him to be dumped. Not much you can do with speed up his return. Also, if you can start making him appreciate not-so-good-looking chicks, that would help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Idriver said:
Okay to start this off my brother used to show up every weekend for rides and sometimes drag me out of bed for night rides. recently he began to no show or be late for group rides:skep: . The reason for this is that he has met a girl whom he has fallen head over heals for. I cant say I blame him she really pretty.:thumbsup:

So I call him one day and tell him I found a great deal on a bike for his new lady.
and he proceeds to tell me that he sold his mountain bike and bought a road bike so he could ride with her :madman: . This was a man that used to make fun of roadies. I even tried to explain to him that it had to be bad karma or something to sell a mountain bike to replace a road bike.

What do you guys/girls think. Will he come crawling back to the trailhead or has he just lost his mind.
Welcome to lonely-town, population, YOU.

He's got a girl, be happy for him and move on.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Hey, at least he's still biking ... even if it is on the road

·
Registered
229 Posts
Two wheels are better than None

I agree to the statement "at least he is still biking", but he might be back. Road biking is real popular here in Austin, and some of my friends have converted to road biking, but others do both. Sounds like you miss the rides with yer old Bro, why don't you pick up a used or cheapo road bike yerself and yall could do some rides his way for awhile. Then, you could slowly lure him back into some trail rides (they got rentals at most LBS, you know). Also, have him over after the ride and watch the movie 'Saving Silverman' together, but only if he has a sense of humor about such things.

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,987 Posts
As a brother, he'll always be there; as a riding partner, he's now dead to you. He found someone else he liked riding with better.

As far as selling a bike for a woman...the only female I'll EVER sell a bike for is my daughter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sometimes a break can be good. He might come back with more passion and enthusiasm. Just make sure you remind him of how much fun dirt is! Either way, he's still out on a bike and (even better for him) gettin' some :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Your brother has lost his mind, but women tend to have that affect on men. There's not much you can do about it. Hopefully she's worth it, for his sake.

I'm not quite sure why he can't do both though??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.